Easter Egger first layed on Saturday, no more eggs since

shannacrew

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
Just checking to make sure this is normal 'new layer' behavior or something I should be concerned about.

We got our 3 hens in February. The other two have been laying for 10 days now...fairly regularly. At least every other day. We found a beautiful green egg in the middle of the run on Saturday (she's our only EE of laying age so it was hers), and have seen her in the nest boxes several times but no new eggs. They do free range in our small backyard, (It's tiny!) but my children have all thoroughly searched for hidden 'easter eggs' and found nothing. So either she has a really, really good hiding spot, or has only layed the single egg.

Thanks for any advice!

I think it's normal for a new layer to take a while to settle into a routine. A few days ago we got this tiny little fart egg from one of our pullets, and she hasn't laid since either.
Give her a couple of weeks. And enjoy the new eggs!

(Could also be possible about hiding the eggs. It once took us several weeks to finally locate a new nest our chickens had made. Try keeping an eye on her in the morning, see if she pops away to any obscure spot.)

Back
Top Bottom