easter egger hens?

crubner

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 1, 2008
I have 4 easter egger pullets (supposedly) that are now about 16 weeks old. They aren't displaying any signs of laying and my rooster doesn't show any interest in them. One has a slightly bigger comb than the other three, three have red combs, and one's comb is still small and pink. They aren't showing signs of being roosters like crowing but they do mock fight at times. If they are roosters, wouldn't they be starting to crow? I really want them to be pullets and am getting nervous about the rooster's lack of interest. Any suggestions?

But would I be able to tell if they were roosters yet?
hmm.png

My EE roos were crowing by 10-11 weeks. Their combs became red very quickly. They also had longer tail feathers. My EE hasn't started laying at 26 weeks. It's tough, but be patient!!
Sonja

Thanks! I thought by now they would be trying to crow if they were roosters. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and keep checking the nests.
big_smile.png

I think that my ee roo started crowing at about 15 weeks Shocked the heck out of be because I didn't order any roos. The girls didn't lay until around 30 weeks. The roos aren't usually interested in the girls until they are mature enough to be ready to be of use to them. Once you see the roos doing their business and the girls accepting you can usually expect eggs within a week or two.

My EE's are turning 20 weeks this week. I did see them checking out the nesting boxes the other day and I think thier combs are starting to get more red....
fl.gif
But I'm not holding my breath. They will be 23 weeks on xmas day, I figure they are going to hold out for a special present for me
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom