Easter Egger... Pullet or Cockeral?

I've never heard of the rows of peas symbolizing if it's a pullet or rooster. Do you have some source information to share on this? I've kept pure Ameraucanas for years along with Easter Eggers (bred them,) and never found any similarities that made me believe this thought process.
That's what I've read virtually everywhere on the interwebs, which is what's leading me to question. I've also read about a red patch on the wungs, but they all have red, so that's not helping me. I'm going to post more photos now. With luck.

Here's the side shot of Sienna, who I first posted about, with what looks to me like three rows on comb.
A9948778-9F0D-4F92-9CF1-84BB6D9D7EBD.jpeg
B2C815ED-64BD-4273-80B5-FACFDF1CA4D9.jpeg

So, if it's not the 3 row Pea comb, but really is wing, neck feathers, then I'm instead suspecting Eddie, the red one to the left of Sienna. They are both noticeably larger that the others. Eddie has like a decorated ring around the neck. It would be great if you'd comment on what exactly you are looking at for clues.
CF32C1DA-8DC4-4D2B-89E3-B18D153F7CE7.jpeg
65F37258-047E-478B-9739-9EBDF81F5AF1.jpeg

That's what I've read virtually everywhere on the interwebs, which is what's leading me to question. I've also read about a red patch on the wungs, but they all have red, so that's not helping me. I'm going to post more photos now. With luck.
Cool! I’m really curious myself. I took pics of all my ameraucana 5 week olds today and will track.

I've never heard of the rows of peas symbolizing if it's a pullet or rooster. Do you have some source information to share on this? I've kept pure Ameraucanas for years along with Easter Eggers (bred them,) and never found any similarities that made me believe this thought process.
I learned this from another thread, and they showed pictures proving that. Unfortunately, I don't know what thread that was on. :hmm
I do have some Whiting True Blues that I do see a difference in the peas. Unfortunately they're still young so they don't have adult feathers or anything obvious to other people saying gender. The rooster of the bunch going by the peas, his comb is red whereas the pullets by peas aren't.

Back
Top Bottom