Easter Egger Pullet or Roo?

100% sure she's a pullet. That's a female plumage pattern.
I was concerned since I'd read somewhere about pointed ends on feathers being a Roo and also Peppa's legs at 15 weeks are larger than my 15 mo old easter egger hen (the one in my profile pic). Very glad she is 100% a pullet.

New to byc, not sure if I should be butting in here but I'm wondering if anyone knows what I have here? This beauty hatched from a olive egg however it does not have a crown, just a tuft of feathers on top. Is it a roo??? Thanks in advance for your help
Very pretty bird and I'm still fairly new here too. Welcome! :)

I was concerned since I'd read somewhere about pointed ends on feathers being a Roo and also Peppa's legs at 15 weeks are larger than my 15 mo old easter egger hen (the one in my profile pic). Very glad she is 100% a pullet.
The neck ticking can make the feathers look pointed when they aren't.

And some gals have thick legs. Look at the tree trunks on this pullet:

At 18 1/2 weeks, Peppa began laying on June 10th. Definitely a pullet. :yesss:

IMG_20190621_085411.jpg

Yay for green eggs and lots of them! 18.5 is on the early-early end of the normal range, too. :thumbsup

Yes I am thrilled her eggs are a different color than our other Easter egger. Now impatiently waiting on our Speckled Sussex and Golden Laced Wyandotte girls to start laying.

Photo of Peppa's green eggs top and Ophelia's blue eggs bottom (not very blue looking in the photo).

IMG_20190621_085644.jpg

Yes I am thrilled her eggs are a different color than our other Easter egger. Now impatiently waiting on our Speckled Sussex and Golden Laced Wyandotte girls to start laying.

Photo of Peppa's green eggs top and Ophelia's blue eggs bottom (not very blue looking in the photo).

View attachment 1821739
Trying to photograph egg color for the greens and blues is always so disappointing, isn't it? They either end up looking washed out or over enhanced, even in natural lighting.....

Back
Top Bottom