Easter Egger Roo

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for all your welcomes! I heard Silver crow!!! His voice is deep, hopefully he is not going to start yelling every two minutes like those bantams do...

By now, we have eaten three of those roosters, only Princess and Silver are left. The only reason I still do have Bantam Princess crowing every two minutes is because he managed to flee my husband when he was catching him for dinner. He was away by few neighbors yards for good two hours before he showed up again, by then roadrunner was trimmed, washed and boiling. We were amazed at how in-tune Princess's survival instincts are. But no matter how smart he is, he will be my soup very soon - everyday he becomes more aggressive. He jumps at my crocs through the fence while I'm feeding him.

I know it all sounds so cruel, but really we all do eat chicken, the only difference is that this one was home raised. After eating it, we have realized how disgusting store bought chicken meat is. I'm not sure I will ever be able to buy it again. The home meat is so filling too, it takes only a bit to feel like you ate a pound! This whole experience makes me wonder how much extra we got used to eating for no obvious reasons. I was growing up eating good meat grown right there in our yard, makes me sick my kids do not know what it even tastes like. I am seriously considering growing chicken for meat as well, screw all these neighborhood covenants and all the rest of "laws" they created for us!

Please tell me there are more of you out there!?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom