Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

They should be around 4-7 weeks old we were told they were EE's but now i'm not so sure. What do you think about gender? I'm hoping for pullets, fingers crossed
Oh my. I think you were lied to. I'm still fairly new myself, but I'm sure chick 2 isn't EE. Yellow feet, waddles, straight comb. Pretty sure that's a cockerel also. First chick is also a cockerel. That's a heck of a comb for 4-7 weeks. (They look closer to 7 imo). The others are also showing big red combs. The only one that looks like it could be a pullet is the white one. :/ I hope I'm wrong.

They should be around 4-7 weeks old we were told they were EE's but now i'm not so sure. What do you think about gender? I'm hoping for pullets, fingers crossed

Sorry, but they all look like cockerels to me.
sad.png

Could use some opinions.. Marigold is 7 weeks.. I've had my suspicions for a while now, due to the long legs.... but tonight I noticed some reddish feathers starting to show on the side of her chest and top of the wings/back area. Could use some opinions that are more educated than mine.
id

7415604/width/200/height/400

I think you have a pullet. The comb is still very small, and I don't see any other rooster signs. Yes, she does have some red, but it is not dark mahogany red, or patchy like it would be on a rooster. @newmarch2014 has a hen that has a lot of red speckles on it. Pullets can definitely have red too, they just don't get as dark or as patchy a red.

So these gals are just over 4 weeks. They were chased to be caught so their skin is extra flushed from that. Wondering if you all think any might be roos. They are hatchery sexed pullets so they shouldn't be.

Yellow Banded

Orange Banded

No Band

Pink Banded

Interested to see opinion.

Our very first pullet from our first chickens laid her first egg today!!! I asked about gender for our Easter Eggers on this thread not too long ago. We ended up with 2 EE pullets (we have 6 other pullets of various other breeds) and our Easter Egger named Lady Liberty

was the first to lay of anyone!!! She is 19 weeks and 1 day old today
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
that's her egg next to a store bought large white egg

19 weeks is really early for an EE, congrats! The eggs will get larger over the next couple of months

Back
Top Bottom