Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I'm also confused about coloring tips...this chick has even coloring and no red. Plus it's got black all over. :confused: If anyone takes a guess, could you comment on this color pattern? I've not seen any like this one in previous pics.

Praying my 4 EEs are girls...

It's been 3 weeks since I posted my suspected cockerel EE, OshKosh. He/she is now 8.5 weeks old and I am not convinced yet.

I'm concerned about the red in the comb, but there has been no comb growth. He/she is also not acting like the other cockerels at all. Tail feathers are broad and usually all lay down nicely. Just fluffed up because it didn't want to be picked up lol. What do you all think?
Pullet. That pink in the comb is from flushing when excited or stressed.

Our very first pullet from our first chickens laid her first egg today!!! I asked about gender for our Easter Eggers on this thread not too long ago. We ended up with 2 EE pullets (we have 6 other pullets of various other breeds) and our Easter Egger named Lady Liberty was the first to lay of anyone!!! She is 19 weeks and 1 day old today
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
that's her egg next to a store bought large white egg
19 weeks is really early for an EE, congrats! The eggs will get larger over the next couple of months
Thank you! I was shocked myself. I only have 2 Easter Eggers and she is the older one, otherwise I wouldn't believe it myself! She hasn't laid another yet. Someone laid an egg without a shell a few hours after we found her egg.

Last edited:
Back at 8 weeks. Gotten puffier and a bit more defined. :( But otherwise the same coloring.

Pullet, and those are very good photos!

I am sorry if I posted this twice. But I am new to chickens. Bought three EE that were labeled as Ameracaunas. One is a very different color. Hoping it is a pullet. Please let me know what you think?

Looks like a pullet to me.

It's been 3 weeks since I posted my suspected cockerel EE, OshKosh. He/she is now 8.5 weeks old and I am not convinced yet.

I'm concerned about the red in the comb, but there has been no comb growth. He/she is also not acting like the other cockerels at all. Tail feathers are broad and usually all lay down nicely. Just fluffed up because it didn't want to be picked up lol. What do you all think?
Nothing screaming rooster as of now. Can you post an update in a week or two?

Back
Top Bottom