Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
So I have 2 EE's that were not wanted after the Easter craze and they started flying out of the tub. I know the smaller dark one is a pulley, but the chipmunk colored one is getting feisty with thicker legs and a bigger comb. Does s/he look rooish to anyone else or am I being paranoid? I'm not sure on age since I didn't get them as babies.ive had them for a couple weeks and thought they both looked like 2 sure pullets at first!

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
So I have 2 EE's that were not wanted after the Easter craze and they started flying out of the tub. I know the smaller dark one is a pulley, but the chipmunk colored one is getting feisty with thicker legs and a bigger comb. Does s/he look rooish to anyone else or am I being paranoid? I'm not sure on age since I didn't get them as babies.ive had them for a couple weeks and thought they both looked like 2 sure pullets at first!

I love Lucy - I hope she is a girl!

Here are mine - I posted photos of them a few weeks ago.  Now they are about 6.5 weeks (7 wks on Sunday). I took their last studio shots yesterday and moved them to their apartment in the coop.

The daddy is a clean-faced, white sport of halo's wheaten ameracaunas and the mommas are either Ideal EEs or halos olive eggers. (I had one blue and one black hen that were a blue rock X EE.  I assume the splash, blue, and mostly black chicks were from them.)

Sadly, I think both of these are boys:
22119_dsc_0129.jpg

I think this pretty blue one is a boy, too.  (The brown barred one is a GCM X Wellie.)
22119_dsc_0143.jpg

At last, I think I have a pullet.  I'm pretty sure the one on the left is a girl, on the right, a boy.
22119_dsc_0158.jpg

I think I have a pullet here, too, on the right. I'm guessing the one on the left is a boy.
22119_dsc_0166.jpg

I had thought at first that both of these black ones were girls, because their tails grew long quickly, but now I think they are a girl (left) and a boy (right).
22119_dsc_0191.jpg

And last - I think one of these was hatched from a blue egg. (I also had some brown eggs in the incubator that were black rock chicks.)  I think it is the one on the left, and I think that it's a pullet.
22119_dsc_0216.jpg

So of the 10 EE eggs that hatched, I'm afraid only 4 are pullets.  I am trying to be conservative in my guessing.  Would love to hear other opinions, though.  I am basing my opinion mostly on the combs pinking up, but if there are other features I should be noticing here that a tell-tale signs of male vs female, please let me know. Also, I have many other photos if anyone would like another view. Thanks!

I think you are right on them all and wanted to respond to your question about other indicators. One thing that I saw in a few of your roo's was the tell tale darker red shoulder patches. These can give the roo's pattern a patchy look. I know that pullets have an even pattern all over so that makes some of your girls more obvious too since even girls can have that red coloring.

I think you are right on them all and wanted to respond to your question about other indicators. One thing that I saw in a few of your roo's was the tell tale darker red shoulder patches. These can give the roo's pattern a patchy look. I know that pullets have an even pattern all over so that makes some of your girls more obvious too since even girls can have that red coloring.
In case you didn't notice, that post is pretty darn old.

Back
Top Bottom