Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Araucana have no tail bone, no tail nub. Yours looks like it has a tail, just no tail feathers yet. Another member here talked about having delayed tail feathers in the EEs she'd gotten from some hatchery, can't recall now which one. They ended up with normal tails eventually, just took longer than usual. And no, it had nothing to do with gender although that's a popular claim.
Looking like a pullet so far.

08C732A3-6DFC-4AEC-941A-FF244D2170E7.jpeg
Hi! Ok, up to four! Two are yellowish, one chipmunk and the newest is brownish. Looks just like my broody’s sister who is now white and black.

I currently have 7 four week old chicks that are EE. Well, at least I am guessing that they are still considered an EE. I am uncertain witch of my roos was the father (strong suspicion but not certain). One of my roos is a lavender ameraucana the other (who I recently sold) was a red EE himself. So, are chicks that have one EE parent still considered an EE as well, or just a barnyard mix?

I think that these 3 chicks are from the ameraucana roo:

the 1st one the mom is a brown leghorn
Roxy 2 week 4.jpg

the next two the mom is a splash orpington
Dash week 4.jpg

Dot week 4.jpg

I think that the red EE roo is the father of these 4 chicks:

1st one the mom is a brown leghorn
Roxy 1 week 4.jpg

the second one's mom is a silver laced cochin
Piper week 4.jpg

these last two are from my 2 golden comets (which are different color reds and lay different colored eggs)
Layla week 4.jpg

Lola week 4.jpg

it is still too early to know for sure, but I think that at least 4 of these are boys!

First, third, and last one look like cockerels. Not sure on the others, but odds are 50-50 you've got at least one more.:) Wide, lumpy combs are a good clue.

those are 3 of my picks for roos too. the other that I am on the fence on is the cochin mix one. It acts just like the red roo I had. The way it cocks its head to look up at me, the way it wants to be held and climbs all over me, just like the daddy!

Back
Top Bottom