Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Drum roll . . . . . . . . . .

Its a Boy!!! My BF woke me up at 5 am this morning saying he heard a weird noise outside, kind of like a woman screaming. I hopped out of bed and ran barefoot to the coop. Well sure enough these were Bubba's first crowing attempts. I sure hope he gets to his rooster business soon so I can hatch some of his babies before I have to find him a new home.

Thanks for all the input everyone! 20 weeks and we finally have our answer :)

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid of that. I don't have the space for a roo so he's heading back to the farm where we bought him unless I can find him a home between now and Saturday. Let me know if interested. Thanks again!

I managed to give away 4 Roo's yesterday on craigslist. Just list as free.

It's been a few weeks since I posted Winnie and Doodle. Everyone still guessing both pullets?

It's been a few weeks since I posted Winnie and Doodle. Everyone still guessing both pullets?

I think they both look like pullets, but I'm incredibly new to this. Though, I am wondering how you keep your hanging waterer from spilling? I have the same kind and the chickens are constantly tipping it to one side or the other.

Drum roll . . . . . . . . . .

Its a Boy!!! My BF woke me up at 5 am this morning saying he heard a weird noise outside, kind of like a woman screaming. I hopped out of bed and ran barefoot to the coop. Well sure enough these were Bubba's first crowing attempts. I sure hope he gets to his rooster business soon so I can hatch some of his babies before I have to find him a new home.

Thanks for all the input everyone! 20 weeks and we finally have our answer :)
th.gif

He sure had me going! What a small comb for a boy @ 20 weeks! At least his double barring makes sense now though!

Back
Top Bottom