Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Both pullets :)

I had a girl exactly like #1

2. khoe

khoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    Sunny California

I have it on a rope, and it actually works well, I tip it to clear out dirty water. The chickens don't tip it (at least not yet), but I only have 2, maybe if I had more they would. I do think they should notch the handle to make it easier to hang.

3. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Hi everyone I was wondering if you might help me sex my two Ameraucana's. they are almost five weeks old.[​IMG]

4. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Here is another pic. The lighter one will stretch its neck out on occasion and act like s/he is looking for a way to escape. The tails seem different also but not so much in their combs.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  5. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. MaineiacJay

MaineiacJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2013
    Newport, New Hampshire
    hello! was pointed here for assistance in identifying the genders of my Easter Eggers. ive got 8, straight run. they are about 14 weeks old now. ive got most of the genders sorted out (i clearly picked poorly lol!) but a couple have me stumped. i posted an individual thread for all the chickens but they pointed me here.

ive gotten some speculations but i want more on these 2 specific chickens. thanks!

some have said cockerel, but most have said hen. small tail but seem to have some wispy feathers at the end. small light colored comb and smaller in size than the other cockerel i have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

most have said rooster, but others have said to give it the benefit of the doubt. tail is always straight out like that, smallest of them all, that reddish color i think is actually just dirty... the comb doesnt seem as big or red as the other cockerel i have of the same age.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The two in question are both girls :)

9. MaineiacJay

MaineiacJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2013
    Newport, New Hampshire
    wonderful! that means out of the 8 chickens, i got 3 girls! haha. we are keeping two of the roosters (big gray/red one and the orange/white one) so that means i only have to find new homes for 3 cockerel =)

10. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    @aoxa, could you look at my chicks and tell me what you think?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by