Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mark9199

mark9199 Out Of The Brooder

Okay, I went out last night and took some more pictures. She is now close to 11 weeks old in these last 5 pictures. And after reading through some of the information here yesterday, I'm really thinking she's a he LoL. Opinions, please, and if you can, say how sure you are and why so I can learn something. Many thanks.

Audrey or Albert???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Sorry, that's a boy. See the mahogany coming through on the shoulders? He's also starting to get skinny saddle feathers already.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mychicagoladies

Mychicagoladies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2012
    I'd have to say Albert with the red patches.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    I'm 99% sure now...but just to confirm before we make an appointment at the butcher's...Ginger is actually Big G, yes?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Oh yes definitely.

6. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Wow, nice rooster!

7. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Sigh. So much for the "oh, we've never seen the hatchery get it wrong" assurance they gave me at the local feed store where I bought him.
    Thank you. Want him? We are trying to find him a home before eating him, but I know roosters are hard to place.

8. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Ahahaha [​IMG]

No thanks... I have a million little roos and big roos and all in between running around that are going to get eaten here real soon.

9. mark9199

mark9199 Out Of The Brooder

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid of that. I don't have the space for a roo so he's heading back to the farm where we bought him unless I can find him a home between now and Saturday. Let me know if interested. Thanks again!

10. HooliganChicks

HooliganChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2013
    Central Ontario
    I'm wondering if you can help me tell boys from girls?
    The first one is from a Brown Red Ameraucana rooster, and hatched from "Ameraucana" hen's blue egg. I'm guessing roo, based on the red coming in on his shoulders. This chick is 5 weeks old.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The second is from the same farm, same hatch, Brown Red Ameraucana rooster, "Ameraucana" hen's blue egg. I can't see any red, but the tail seems narrow. Roo too?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The next chicks are 2-3 days old in the pics. They all come from "Ameraucana" blue eggs, but the farm I got the eggs from had two roosters, a Brown Red Ameraucana and a Buff Cochin.
    Chick #1. Hatched from a blue egg. [​IMG]

Chick no#2: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick number 3: [​IMG]

Chick number 4: [​IMG][​IMG]
    None of the new chicks have the Easter Eggers' green legs.
    Any ideas?
    And if it takes 5 weeks to figure out weather we will be having eggs or BBQ, that's okay too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by