Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. polarbearpilot

polarbearpilot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you Aoxa. I am hopeful again. ; P

2. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Thanks Aoxa! That is a great example of what I was trying to show Chics! Appreciate you posting these great photos!

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

Feel free to use these as you see fit if I'm not around to illustrate it.

4. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Thank you so much for responding to my post and taking the time to post the examples for me! I really appreciate your assistance. All of you are so helpful and friendly, I have learned so much more from all of you.

5. chics

chics Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Th
    Thank you very much aoxa! You have been so much help, I appreciate it!

6. TREX

TREX Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    I bought 2 supposedly" sexed pullet" EE's and BOTH turned out to be roos which I had to rehome out of a fresh bin full of chicks (there had to be at least 50 chicks in there). I doubt I will ever try and buy EE again because of that. Instead I am going to go for the more expensive but pretty fail proof option of auto sexing cream legbars for blue eggs.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Anytime :)

8. Peneliva

Peneliva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Kentucky
    It
    it happens lol. Ive had 4 and so far only one pullet! I think she is still young but I think it's s girl.

9. TREX

Mar 10, 2013
    I agree the reds comb looks like the 2 roos I had at that age. The black looks very hennish in body type at least in that pic. I'd hang onto that one for awhile longer to be sure as well.

10. TREX

Mar 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Easter egger boys at aprox 10 weeks for those wanting a comparison. These boys were purchased as sexed pullets on March 14 of this year the first day they arrived at the feed store this pic was taken may 30.If your 10 week old looks like this you most likely have yourself a roo. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by