Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Another set of pics I took that I thought might be helpful for those looking to figure out the sex of their EE's.These are the same EE roos at approx. 7 1/2 weeks old. None of my pullets ever had combs this red or wide this early. All pullets combs were still small and yellow or just very pale pink.

Another set of pics I took that I thought might be helpful for those looking to figure out the sex of their EE's.These are the same EE roos at approx. 7 1/2 weeks old. None of my pullets ever had combs this red or wide this early. All pullets combs were still small and yellow or just very pale pink.

thumbsup.gif
Great examples.

I love the boy on the left. He's pretty!

It's hard for me to compare these two chicks when they are two different breeds. Her are some photos from today!

Not a huge size difference.

better shot of the wing and pattern!
feathering before the other one.
tail looks to go downward in this one.

this one is a split shot, did not get them together like this.

different feather and chest shots.

It's hard for me to compare these two chicks when they are two different breeds. Her are some photos from today!

Not a huge size difference.

better shot of the wing and pattern!
feathering before the other one.
tail looks to go downward in this one.

this one is a split shot, did not get them together like this.

different feather and chest shots.
It's early, but I am leaning towards boy.

I know they are too young to really tell boy or girl but I've got some photos of my 2- 2 1/2 week olds. If the slightly raised comb is any indication (and I didn't get one chick twice), I have three girls and three boys. I also noticed my one light chick has a crooked beak. And that is the one I was going to keep no matter what gender (because of her? color) but now that beak makes me wonder about any chicks that would come from that mating, assuming the crooked-ness doesn't get worse as she? gets older and affect her health.

flat comb - hoping a girl
see the bottom beak just a little bit off set to the top.

girl?

raised ridge - boy?

raised ridge - boy?

We'll see how it plays out. I didn't mark them to see if the boy/girl ratio holds out.

CG

Ok, adding another here:) I'm 99% sure now, but thought I'd post here just in case. The red comb super early was the first indicator, but now the feathers seem to be, along with the regular crowing
smile.png
Would love some thoughts just in case there's any chance for a pullet still - s/he is so super sweet
love.gif

one weekish:

five(ish) weeks:

now - 9(ish) weeks:

Ok, adding another here:) I'm 99% sure now, but thought I'd post here just in case. The red comb super early was the first indicator, but now the feathers seem to be, along with the regular crowing
smile.png
Would love some thoughts just in case there's any chance for a pullet still - s/he is so super sweet
love.gif

one weekish:

Definitely a boy!! Great pictures by the way.

Back
Top Bottom