Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Any body able to give me any help on sexing my easter eggers? Not the best pics but wondering if you can tell from coloring. I think the one on the left is a too as Si is black and white, has most prominent comb that is seeming to get redder lately, is slower to feather out (which makes him look kinda crazy--hence the name si) he (and other redder one are both way smaller than the others...they are all about 5 wks old. The other two have similar coloring... esmerelda jumped down just before I snapped the pic. Coloring of feathers is similar, but Oreo has cheatah print neck feathers, fatter neck. And esmerelda has longer skinny neck and green legs.

New pictures of Lotus. She laid the green egg a couple posts ahead. Was hoping for blue because of her pea comb and slate-lookin' legs but yeah.

Edit: Sept 10

She laid a blue-ish egg today.

So strange. (The brown eggs on the right are from my Red Sex Links.)​

Last edited:
The color only aligns with sex in the first generation. Breed red sexlink to red sexlink and you'll get a bunch of red and white chicks of both genders. And that's what it looks like -- a 2nd generation "sexlink" cockerel.

Thanks, I did not realize. I keep learning on BYC.

New pictures of Lotus. She laid the green egg a couple posts ahead. Was hoping for blue because of her pea comb and slate-lookin' legs but yeah.​
Edit: Sept 10​
She laid a blue-ish egg today.​
So strange. (The brown eggs on the right are from my Red Sex Links.)​
Congratulations! Love the range of colors. I can't wait for our first eggs.

Back
Top Bottom