Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

and....................number three easter egger sold as pullet looking rooish?

Do you have hens,they look as if their fighting for pecking order,or if you have hens probably roos fighting for the hens around half grown they should crow and look as if they would try to mate with hens at their age(Practice anyway).Their tails look curly.I say cockerals.Same as roos just younger.

Do you have hens,they look as if their fighting for pecking order,or if you have hens probably roos fighting for the hens around half grown they should crow and look as if they would try to mate with hens at their age(Practice anyway).Their tails look curly.I say cockerals.Same as roos just younger.

It's pecking order :) we have a pen inside a pen where everyone can see each other until they are big enough to go in with the older birds. I just recently let a group into the big pen so everyone is jockeying for position :)

I am wavering back and forth on this one also. Fingers crossed!
I can see why you waver. That black and white one has female feathering, but the comb is a little big and red and more like roo. It depends on its parentage, maybe mom or dad is a barred rock with big red comb (?). Sometimes, girls can have bigger and redder combs than other girls at the same age. In the case of this chick, I am going to say pullet because of the female feathering pattern, and its body stance. Please post back when you know for sure.

It's pecking order
smile.png
we have a pen inside a pen where everyone can see each other until they are big enough to go in with the older birds. I just recently let a group into the big pen so everyone is jockeying for position
smile.png
ok thats what i thought good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom