Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Dad

Mom

Chick

It has a straight comb and fungus on its legs. I imagine whatever was used to make them this lovely color is still coming through At one month I am thinking boy
sad.png
I think he still might be a pullet. Post more pics in a week or 2.

here are a few more pics of the chicks from my previous post taken in natural light. Couldn't get Chick B standing because it is so skittish but here are daylight pics of 6 week old dark blue EE/AM and the hatchmate EE that was red and blue at hatch but darkened to a dark grey with a little red. Thanks for your time and help.

Chick C ^^^

Chick A ^^^ and vvv

Chicks are 6 weeks old. Thanks again! More shots to come.

Last edited:
These first 3 are all Chick A from my previous two posts the last is A and C. C is in the foreground and you can see golden on the head.

A in background and C in foreground. I just think they both look girly.
fl.gif

Sorry for all the pics of these guys in their dinosaur stage but I have a woman who wants pullets from me and I would like to offer her one of these three as long as there will be another pulllet left for me. I have pics of B who is the squirreliest of the three Could not get that bird to stand still.

These first 3 are all Chick A from my previous two posts the last is A and C. C is in the foreground and you can see golden on the head.

A in background and C in foreground. I just think they both look girly.
fl.gif

Sorry for all the pics of these guys in their dinosaur stage but I have a woman who wants pullets from me and I would like to offer her one of these three as long as there will be another pulllet left for me. I have pics of B who is the squirreliest of the three Could not get that bird to stand still.
I think they're pullets.

The surest way to make one Cockerel is to sell 1 pullet of 2.
This is known to cause Fowls to undergo a sex change!

hahahahaha....My first broody hatch was 4 pullets...I sold them sure I would get more...guess what 9/33 pullets to cockerels for the year.

I'm looking for confirmation on two chicks and help with one.

These chicks are around 12 weeks old.

This first one I was convinced was a pullet because of size (much smaller than the other two) and comb (smaller and less "ruffled). But I noticed 'she' has pointed saddle feathers, so now I am convinced it's a little roo:

This one has been roostery since 2 weeks:

This one I've been thinking is a roo because it has been pretty close in development with the white one in both size and comb, but I am having second thoughts. These second thoughts may have only come around because I don't want three roosters and this one now seems the least roostery now. It is also the friendliest of the three.
And of course, it's the one I couldn't get a real in focus shot of:

Thank you for any input!

I'm looking for confirmation on two chicks and help with one. These chicks are around 12 weeks old. This first one I was convinced was a pullet because of size (much smaller than the other two) and comb (smaller and less "ruffled). But I noticed 'she' has pointed saddle feathers, so now I am convinced it's a little roo: This one has been roostery since 2 weeks: This one I've been thinking is a roo because it has been pretty close in development with the white one in both size and comb, but I am having second thoughts. These second thoughts may have only come around because I don't want three roosters and this one now seems the least roostery now. It is also the friendliest of the three. And of course, it's the one I couldn't get a real in focus shot of: Thank you for any input!
All beautiful birds and welcome to BYC! The first two are absolutely boys. The third one I'm also leaning towards boy, but I'm not completely sure. The coloring may overall just be red, but the rear saddle feathers are worrying me.

Back
Top Bottom