Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

RE: Delight30- you're lucky you can have a rooster! I wish we could've kept one of ours but the 5am wake up call didn't go over so well on our city lot ;)

RE: chics- judging by the rounded saddle feathers and feminine colouring pattern I think you're in the clear. Maybe when she gets older and more confident she'll stick her tail up!

Ah thank you! You made my day!

RE: Delight30- you're lucky you can have a rooster! I wish we could've kept one of ours but the 5am wake up call didn't go over so well on our city lot ;)

RE: chics- judging by the rounded saddle feathers and feminine colouring pattern I think you're in the clear. Maybe when she gets older and more confident she'll stick her tail up!
Thank you MackChick!

Chics, We are lucky, we live in a rual area and there are no restrictions for us, other than coop size and my husband made it big enough for 36 chickens. We were planning to bring a roo or 2 into the flock any way. Good luck with your girls
lol.png

Thank you MackChick! Chics, We are lucky, we live in a rual area and there are no restrictions for us, other than coop size and my husband made it big enough for 36 chickens. We were planning to bring a roo or 2 into the flock any way. Good luck with your girls
lol.png
Thank you! I wish we could keep a roo, I think it would be nice, my neighbors probably would not agree lol. Good luck with your flock

Last edited:
My 11 week pullet has an EE father and Orp mother. Her comb isn't like the others of the same age (full orps) but I'm not sure it's pea shaped either. Do you think I can expect colorful eggs from her?

She has a muff/beard that didn't really show up in the pictures.

My 11 week pullet has an EE father and Orp mother. Her comb isn't like the others of the same age (full orps) but I'm not sure it's pea shaped either. Do you think I can expect colorful eggs from her?

She has a muff/beard that didn't really show up in the pictures.
I would think you would get a green egg! The comb may be a modified (combination comb), but, I would think colored eggs!

I finally have some recent pictures to contribute :)

Male

Female

Male

Male

Male & Not sure yet - probably male.

White EE - unknown gender

Girl

White EE - Pretty sure this one is a girl

Girl

Girl

They are 4-6 weeks old. The youngest being 4 weeks, the oldest being 6 weeks :)

I finally have some recent pictures to contribute :) Male Female Male Male Male & Not sure yet - probably male. White EE - unknown gender Girl White EE - Pretty sure this one is a girl Girl Girl They are 4-6 weeks old. The youngest being 4 weeks, the oldest being 6 weeks :)
Your last girl is my girls twin!!!!

He has red patches coming in on his shoulders and his pattern is very uneven. I have quite a few boys like this right now at the same age as well. Here is an example of my first EE rooster with much the same colouring as your own. First picture is at 5 weeks, next photo is at 8 weeks. Here he is all grown up.
WOW gorgeous rooster!

Love the pic with the wheaten colored EE
Question
My understanding is that EEs are Amercuanas mixed with some other breed
If true and my Lavender Amercauna breeds to my Light Brahma will those chicks be EEs?
Anyone have an idea of what ill get.?
I'd love white EEs or a light background not mostly dark birds

Do most come out variations of brown and black? I am partial to the lighter colors

Back
Top Bottom