Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hello Backyard Chicken Fam! I'm new to raising chickens and I'm hoping I can get some help sexing my Easter Egger. Thank you in advance!

welcome-byc.gif
You have a pretty pullet there!

Is that chick down by it's eye? If so it may be too early to call pullet. Overall a beautiful bird. I'm concerned by the few pointed/striped feathers near the tail. Otherwise looks good. age?

ibarbidahl, yes about 9 weeks. I am almost positive pullet for the twin to yours. She is petite, slender leg, one pale ridge on the comb still. She screams like I am the chicken death when I even look like I am coming close. Her and her sister are ridiculous. The Brahmas are very calm and though they don't love to be picked up they tolerate it well and take treats from my hands, not those EE, they are the most skittish of any I had both years.

My Sister-In-Law is brand new to "backyard chickens" and has 3 EEs in her flock of 8. She has 2 of the 3 pegged as roos. I believe they are 5-6 weeks old. They both are more aggressive than the others. They both have larger, brighter combs than the others. These aren't the best of pics of the 2, but are there any guesses based on what you can see? Please let me know why you think what you do if you have a guess. Thanks!

My Sister-In-Law is brand new to "backyard chickens" and has 3 EEs in her flock of 8. She has 2 of the 3 pegged as roos. I believe they are 5-6 weeks old. They both are more aggressive than the others. They both have larger, brighter combs than the others. These aren't the best of pics of the 2, but are there any guesses based on what you can see? Please let me know why you think what you do if you have a guess. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom