Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

the roos have red shoulders. I love the coloring on the second to lowest one.What are their names?

Last edited:

yey i found out about my two chicks they are both roosters but now they need names can everybody come up some crazy or easy long names that would be awesome
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7069523

Last edited:
You might be right that she's an Easter Egger too, but just to be correct, MyPetChicken deliveres also baby chicks from Meyer Hatchery. 

I thought she was Easter Egger before some other chicken enthuasiasts started to say she looks more like Ameraucana. The white one is clearly easter egger because of her willow legs. Blue one has correct slate color in the legs. But whatever :D she's just a pet chicken anyway.

...I'm thinking of buying true Ameraucana from Meyer and then post few pics of it and just watch how people yell it's an easter egger. :lau  

If you do order from meyer, you probably would get yelled at because the birds are of horrible auality. I heard one got DQed at a 'County' fair, and that's saying something. But nonethless, they are true breed. And they are B/B/S. So when you order, you will get blue black and splash.

Do the roosters fight all the time? I really like all my chicks and would be sad if I had to get rid of 2 Boys. The guy I bought them from said they were all girls. Very disappointed. These are the two we think are boys.

How many hens you have will determine if they fight all the time. I believe the ratio is 8 hens to a rooster. I did have 2 rosters with one hen some time back, but sometime soon after they reached full maturity one began getting a little mean, and the hen was being a little overworked.

I kept 2 or 3 roosters for some time. I think a lot depends on the roosters, how much space they have, and how many hens. When I had 2 Golden Cuckoo Marans, they never fought. Then I had an Ameraucana (really and truly, not an Easter Egger) and a GCM X Welsummer rooster, and they would periodically fight to redetermine who was dominant, but then they kept their space and got along. They did have their own territory and hens that stayed with them during the day (I have lots of space and lots of hens) and at night they would go to roost in the same coop, but far apart. It was okay. However, the Ameraucana recently lost his life to a coyote and I think the GCM-X roo is happier now. I have heard others say that you can keep 3 roos together, but not 2 - something about the balance of power. That has not been my experience.

I would be interested to know if you are correct with your 3 roosters, but not 2 theory. I have 3 cockerels right now. They all get along just fine, but I know they have not matured. I have 11 chickens in all. Seems like everyday a hen turns into a rooster!! I'm going to have to rehome a few guys here soon.

I would be interested to know if you are correct with your 3 roosters, but not 2 theory. I have 3 cockerels right now. They all get along just fine, but I know they have not matured. I have 11 chickens in all. Seems like everyday a hen turns into a rooster!! I'm going to have to rehome a few guys here soon.

I thought that was just a peacock thing? If you have two males, they will fight each other, but if you have three, two of them distract the third and vice versa, they all distract each other. So you should never have 2 male peacocks, 1 or 3+.
So I guess same goes for roosters? I keep my roosters in pairs, never had s problem.

Back
Top Bottom