Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Our very first pullet from our first chickens laid her first egg today!!! I asked about gender for our Easter Eggers on this thread not too long ago. We ended up with 2 EE pullets (we have 6 other pullets of various other breeds) and our Easter Egger named Lady Liberty

was the first to lay of anyone!!! She is 19 weeks and 1 day old today
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
that's her egg next to a store bought large white egg

Last edited:
Our very first pullet from our first chickens laid her first egg today!!! I asked about gender for our Easter Eggers on this thread not too long ago. We ended up with 2 EE pullets (we have 6 other pullets of various other breeds) and our Easter Egger named Lady Liberty

1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
woot.gif
Congrats. EEs rule!!!

1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
YEAH! I love my blue eggs!

They should be around 4-7 weeks old we were told they were EE's but now i'm not so sure. What do you think about gender? I'm hoping for pullets, fingers crossed

Could use some opinions.. Marigold is 7 weeks.. I've had my suspicions for a while now, due to the long legs.... but tonight I noticed some reddish feathers starting to show on the side of her chest and top of the wings/back area. Could use some opinions that are more educated than mine.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7415610/width/200/height/400
7415604/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I read that cockerels get red on their breast, wings/shoulder area and that's a foolproof way of knowing they're boys because the girls can't get vibrant colours, especially there.

Back
Top Bottom