Easter egger silkies and maran crosses- 6 week old

Guess who started 'crowing' with his dad in the morning a few days ago? Well actually I don't know which one it is. But one of these little 9 week old birds is a little man for sure. Those first crows are always so stinking cute :).

Guess who started 'crowing' with his dad in the morning a few days ago? Well actually I don't know which one it is. But one of these little 9 week old birds is a little man for sure. Those first crows are always so stinking cute :).

Do let us know when you find out! It’s always interesting to know :)

Okay here they are around 12 weeks. I still don't know about the black olive Eggers.

20200201_230913.jpg

20200201_231702.jpg
20200201_225915.jpg
20200201_234639.jpg

Last edited:
:) Yes he's been a suspect for weeks. Weirdly he (or someone) crowed once or twice a few weeks ago, then never again. I never caught him doing it so I wasn't for sure it was him though. Is it weird that he hasn't crowed again? He had some red on his wings at around six weeks too, that's why he's always been a suspect. It's a good thing; I've been wanting to mate a half silkie back with a full silkie to get the fluff but with bigger eggs and more genetic diversity. Fingers crossed on that project.

I'm pretty pumped about the black ones being girls! All my rooster's kids lay light green eggs, and their mom is a very dark laying maran. Dark olive green eggs coming up?

Does anyone know what would happen if I mated the half-silkie boy with his half-silkie half-sisters?

Back
Top Bottom