Easter Egger Silver x Laced Wyandotte. Anyone have this particular mix?

Well I need to take some updated pictures but here are the first two that hatched under my SLW hen. They are about 3 weeks old now. We have 5 of the SLW X EE and they are all a variation of the chipmunk down color right now.

a9esuma6.jpg

eva6e2u7.jpg

My hen lays pink eggs and so do the slw ee daughters. I have had two hatches from my slw roo and splash ee hen. They hatch sex linked. The boys are more brown and the girls are more gray. Both are bearded. When they are feathering out, the girls are blue laced and the boys are lighter with reddening in the wings.

I'm hoping mine will lay blue like my hens.

I got some pics earlier to share of my Roo (Nacho) and my EE girls and their chicks.

Nacho
ugybageq.jpg

Two of my EE girls Mabel and Phoebe
asa4uruv.jpg

The SLW X EE chicks
4a6uhuqu.jpg

agadejyt.jpg

ugupy7yd.jpg

yveheda3.jpg

A couple seem to have some lacing on their feathers. I can't wait to see how they look as they get older.

They will probably look like their mothers colors as adults but with lacing.. Mine are only blue because their mother EE is a splash, they got the EE body type and combs and beards, my little pullet lays pink eggs like her mother, but they got the lacing gene.

These are the second hatch we had. they are 6 weeks old. Male and female. They are hatched sex link. Males brownish gray, girls bluish gray. They look just like their older siblings.

Subscribing!

I'm starting up a backyard production mutt mix with starting chicks coming in this summer; so no F1's till next year probably. On the side I'll be getting EE's just for a bit of fun (I love blue/green eggs!). I was thinking of mixing a spare BSLW Roo with an EE girl. Now I know what to expect. :D

I tried to get a good pic of the couple that appear to have lacing today. I think they are going to be gorgeous!

9e2eqyze.jpg
y5e3a4y3.jpg
e8ezyqev.jpg
uzeta9a3.jpg

It's easier to see in person than the pics but I will update as they get older. These are about 3-4 weeks old.
And I have two in the bator who should hatch any time now.

Back
Top Bottom