Easter Egger sold as Ameraucana?

NCfarmin

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2018
Hi chicken people!

This chicken (7 weeks old) was sold to me as an Ameraucana hen, but it doesn't look like pics of that breed I have seen online. Is it just an EE, maybe? (Whatever it is, I think it's pretty.)
IMG_5042.jpg
IMG_5054.jpg
IMG_5042.jpg
IMG_5054.jpg
IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5055.jpg

Thanks!
B

Attachments

• IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 4
EE's and ameraucana's too I believe come in many diff colors, unless it was say a "blue", or black, maybe, but most feed stores may say ameraucana, or araucana, and what they actually mean is EE. I would go to a breeder if you want something specific.

Lucas beat me too it.

Sometimes hatchery birds are also so off SOP that they look like mutts. I have a hatchery orphington that is only 4.5lbs. Too big to be a banty, too small to be standard.

But either way she is pretty. Hopefully she lays a nice pretty egg for you too. :)

I am only a little bummed to have confirmation that she is an EE. I drove an hour to get these chicks from what I thought was a breeder. In retrospect, even though it was a mom-and-pop shop (https://www.littlebirdiehatchery.com/), maybe they get chicks from hatcheries or don't breed their own. I didn't really know what I was looking for at that time. If I ever go for a weird breed again, I'll know better! Still like this chicken, though, even though she is kind of a bully :)

I am only a little bummed to have confirmation that she is an EE. I drove an hour to get these chicks from what I thought was a breeder. In retrospect, even though it was a mom-and-pop shop (https://www.littlebirdiehatchery.com/), maybe they get chicks from hatcheries or don't breed their own. I didn't really know what I was looking for at that time. If I ever go for a weird breed again, I'll know better! Still like this chicken, though, even though she is kind of a bully :)
I couldn't help myself.
I clicked on the link! :barnie
This is just false:
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 6.13.40 PM.png

It is impossible for DE to kill internal parasites (worms)!

Back
Top Bottom