Easter Egger's and Ameraucana's = same thing

So, yes, I may be trying to ruffle some feathers here. I'm bored, what can I say more.

So Ameraucana breeders/owners take pride in breeding to the SOP, which is a great thing. It preserves and promotes, what they are trying to accomplish. That being said, does anybody else smirk when they cant stand someone with an "easter egger" claiming to be an Ameraucana. Genetically it may be the exact same thing with some color leakage, etc. Why are people so anal about pointing out and claiming that someones bird is in fact an easter egger?
🤔

In a thread last week they said the mcmurry were easter eggers. but...

"We have been breeding Ameraucanas since the 1980s — even before they were admitted into the Standard of Perfection by the American Poultry Association in 1984."

So they started breeding the line before it was even a recognized breed. Scratching my Head!
Yeah....that might be true, but calling them ‘Ameraucanas’ is some BS.

Actually The entire Chicken genome has been mapped, about 16 years ago
"Many wonder why eggs are so diverse. The answer is simple. Chickens are genetically complex. They have between 20,000 and 23,000 genes in about one billion DNA base pairs. This compares with the 20,000-25,000 human genes in 2.8 billion DNA base pairs."

In a thread last week they said the mcmurry were easter eggers. but...

"We have been breeding Ameraucanas since the 1980s — even before they were admitted into the Standard of Perfection by the American Poultry Association in 1984."

So they started breeding the line before it was even a recognized breed. Scratching my Head!
The name Araucana and American Araucana, Easter Eggers hace been used in The USA for nearly a Century

Back
Top Bottom