Easter eggers..... do u know what colors the egg will be???

It is my understanding that true Araucanas lay turquoise eggs. They are derived from and indian tribe in Chile (South America) called Araucana indians. If you go on line and look at Murray McMurray Hatchery's on line catalog, on page 22 there is quite a write up about Araucana/Americana as a breed. They claim that they can lay any thing from Turquoise blue, Deep Olive Green to Light Brown. Easter eggers I understand to be just about any breed crossed with an Araucana, as the blue egg gean is a dominate gean and can be gotten from the hen (mom) or the Rooster I have two or three hens that give me beautiful Turquoise eggs with a smooth shiny finish on the egg and 4 or 5 others (easter eggers) that give me various shades of olive green with a dull (not shiny) finish. Of the chicks I sold to a friend, one of them looks just like the other hens but lays a very pale brown egg. She has a pea comb, slate colored legs, and ear muffs (tufts). All of that aside, I just love those colored eggs.
ya.gif

Last edited:
I have three EE pullets that all began to lay this fall. One lays deep olive eggs, the second lays light green eggs, and the third and largest girl lays a very large turquoise egg. Each one keeps laying the same color, although the very first eggs differed slightly in color intensity.

All EE's were advertised by the hatchery as being "ameraucanas". They are different patterns of brown and gold leopard feathers and all have slate legs. And impressive beards!

And wonderful, loving personalities! All are intense lap hens!

EEggers can lay: blue, green, olive, brown, pinkish, white, tan--

You could raise your own EEggers: Ameraucana hen and a BO roo should give some hens who lay pale green or blue eggs
Ameraucana hen and a Black Copper Marans roo should give some hens who lay olive eggs..

But again---there is no guarantee that you will get all green/blue/olive egg layers but you will know what you working w/..

Good luck..

Blanche, our Ameracauna/EE (not really sure) has a pea comb and slate green legs and has been giving us a lovely green-blue egg just about every day since she started laying at 19 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom