Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Door on coop and not run, right? You have a swing door now on there or a pop door that raises up and down? How big is current opening?? There is always a way
wink.png

Quote:
I'll check that link out in a second, but to answer the question... the current door is a full sized "human door". So, a hole will have to be cut. lol. I'll check that link out. I'm off to work shortly so it might be tommarrrow before I can reply.... thanks!!!

ETA and yes, there is a run....

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll check that link out in a second, but to answer the question... the current door is a full sized "human door". So, a hole will have to be cut. lol. I'll check that link out. I'm off to work shortly so it might be tommarrrow before I can reply.... thanks!!!

ETA and yes, there is a run....

Heavy spring attached to door that pulls it shut tight. 4 inch piece of flat metal screwed to door midway up. electro magnet attached to side of barn where door hits when open. timer on electro magnet.
You open door in the A.M. and door is held by magnet. timer set to go off at 7pm....releases magnet and door slams shut
wink.png

Last edited:
Yay for Bairo and Tennesseeckn both! Hey Bairo, I have a speckled sussex I got from her.....maybe my old birds and her old birds are swapping stories at your house lol.

Only 2 sale birds left at the TN Valley fair, if you dont' count the show chickens I have up for sale in their show cages. 1 Olive Egger pullet and 1 Blue Copper Cochin mix pullet left. I think the blue will sell this weekend, not sure about the olive egger as I have her marked up a bit.

Will be back on Saturday with my niece again to check on things and probably bring the show chickens home. Good time so far.

Quote:
wow...thought it was over by now. Wish I could make it, super busy lately though. Yes your right, they have probably figured it out that we are all crazed chicken swappers
wink.png
Enjoyed seeing tennesseeckn again and hearing about how chicken math really got to her. Her DH must think we are all pretty nuts. I know my DW does.

Last edited:
Can not remember who is from White Pine now (getting old and fat, memory gone) At any rate.. We are getting a TSC In Newport!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I know right..Getting excited about a local TSC, cant help it though. Our local COOP is crap for chicken feed and I have been driving to Sevier or Morristown for my TSC fix. The new one will be open end of October and down about a mile from Fairgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom