Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute story on my BYC page. Also changed link to my chicken pics and am in the middle of uploading more and getting them organized. @Nella....Including uploading those pics of the ones I got from you
smile.png

Last edited:
hey bairo, about the cocke county show coming up... What if you just want to sale birds but not show them? I remember a bunch of people selling out of the backs of trucks and such and my FIL needs money and wants to sale his cockatiels and pidgeons. Does it cost anything? Or is it just the show part that costs something?

Quote:
When I called Judy to get my info for the show I just wanted to pay to sell....if you show you can sell. So...she talked me into showing and I will admit it was really interesting. Don't know if it is the same for the fall show.

Yes, I showed at the spring show and will be showing at the fall show.........will show a few mottled cochins most likely, in addition to HOPEFULLY a New Hampshire rooster.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Have you ever seen Orpington poop?? I sift my shavings with my sifting fork I use for the horse stalls. But on the good side....easier to scoop the poop!

Ugh, my harlequin doe had a botfly larvae living in her leg... I just removed it, put it in alcohol, cleaned her wound by flushing with diluted peroxide in a needless syringe then covering with neosporin. I was looking into getting some Ivomectrin (which I was planning on going ahead and giving it to all my rabbits since it'll kill all parasites, though they have been dewormed only for internal parasites a few weeks ago) and ran across the DE under parasite control on TSC website... So, being inquisitive, I googled the benifits of food grade DE... I didn't know that it not only killed fleas, ticks, bed bugs, and lice/mites... but also if you feed to your pets is a natural (chemical free) dewormer, and that the feces from the animals after being fed food with DE in it kills the fly larvea (maggots in poo)... It's also a slug and fly deterrent... So, took my bag of DE I bought from LC for only $1 per pound and sprinkled all under her cage, on her and into her feed bowl.... Hoping until I can get some Ivormectin it'll deter flies from laying more eggs into her wound, which is a nasty sized hole deep into her body
sickbyc.gif
I felt so bad that I didn't notice it before... Still getting the sick to my stomach feeling of seeing that nasty thing and the hairs on my head keep standing up on end! I only post this because I want people to know - treat for parasites on all your fuzzy friends! Better prevent them, I read that if (after I pulled it out) it had popped while removing it I could have killed my rabbit from a horrible infection because they're nasty little buggers! Go get some DE (it's only $1 per pound!) and use it on all your fuzzy and feathered friends! You can also sprinkle it into your carpets and around your house etc. Remember to wear a mask, it's ok to ingest not breathe! It's good to use outside, but must be reapplied after rains and doesn't harm earth worms... It does kill lady bugs and bees, so don't use on flowers that honey bees may pollenate... whoo... ok I'm done
smile.png

Quote:
Good luck with the LG incubator... the thermostat knob is a pain in the DONKEY! You would do better taking it back and taking your money to the Co-op and getting the Hova-bator. If you breathe on the LG knob, you will jump 5-10 degrees.

AMEN tnchickenut!!! If it is not too late BareBottomfarms has a hovabator for sale for 60.00 I think she only used it a couple times. It has a fan but there is not turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom