Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK everyone! I have 25 silkies due to hatch today and only 5 have hatched. Being an impatient person does not help.
tongue2.gif

I am trying not to worry because my hatches have gone well with my Hovabator. All 25 had chicks jumping around when I locked down Sunday nite around 10. I have had no activity in almost 6 hours...so..should I start to really worry now??
Humidity at LD jumped to 73 after I put the recommended amount of water in the bator. I drew some out with a tube through the vent hole and it still stayed that until Monday morn when it fell to 63..so I felt better. It is staying around 57 right now.

I would really appreciate any advice!! Going back to sitting on pins and needles for now!
fl.gif

Terry

Quote:
LOL! Patience!! This is why I incubate my eggs with a guy down the road, he just calls me up and tells me how many hatched and to come get them
tongue.png

Oh, which reminds me I picked up 14 EE's, 25 RIR's, 1 silkie, and 8 SLW's (with a chance of 2 being BLRW's) a couple hours ago.
smile.png

last four, out of my first clutch of six, eggs are now already feathering in days, as fuzzy butt peeps. wondering about the adorable puff ball at least week older than oldest, who grew primary flight feathers, but furry/fluffier all over so far everywhere else instead, like on feet. looks Araucana (as no tail or feathers), but silkie fur/fluff taking over...

Last edited:
Excuse the dirty brooder, baby ducks make a mess and before I realised I had to pick up baby chicks I rushed to get clean shavings in it and didn't realize the mess til I was taking photos
tongue.png

55886_and_more.jpg

55886_ee_chick.jpg

55886_ees.jpg

55886_rirs.jpg

@stanglover, what kind are they besides the reds? ones with red or brown stripe and dark spots and lines, on light color, look like my mystery chick (supposed to be Rhode island red or a type of production red).

Quote:
The reds are RIR's, the dark black ones with yellow chests and yellow legs are Silver Laced Wyandottes, and the rest are Easter Eggers
smile.png
7 are white/light brown, and 7 are mostly spotted and different color variations

thanks, and congrats to you both. i think ill try letting my hens brood after a while, but for now, put two fresh laid quail eggs under a dove that had bad eggs (heard of local man who solved problem with hatching quail eggs by letting doves incubate), and she was attacking me and rolling the eggs under her, as i was trying to put them in nest. lol think i could try to slip two more under her, as she could sit two more, or think she would be overburdened (she tossed out all the nesting material and just uses empty Tupperware container as nest instead of nice ones)? male sites them as well, but with the food and water left right up against nest for her, she never leaves, except to stretch for maybe brief stretch, but usually not even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom