Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday I had collected eggs before going to the bunny barn like usual, and laid the scoop full of eggs at the door. Well, being me and not paying enough attention I knocked the whole scoop of eggs onto the stairs, breaking all of them!
he.gif
I swear I have a problem, I have bruises all over my legs and arms from walking into things...
hide.gif

Just finished cleaning 2 of the cornish broilers, they're resting in the fridge now
smile.png
just tired otherwise would have done 4. Now, going to fix beef for dinner!

Hannah and barbedwire

An update on the sand in the coop.
Still working out great and I will never go back to shavings. I got a jumbo kitty litter scoop and a large coffee can and scoop the dried poop out every morning. That part of the coop (shed) is 10 x 12 and it takes me 5 minutes. I will say though that skipping a day makes it a little rough because they trample and scratch it deep into the sand. The day after I skipped, it took me about 20 minutes to do it really good. (Keep in mind though that I moved things around and still dont even have the droppings board back up)
Everyone seems happier and more active...I think due to all that wonderful grit and the fact that their digestion is probably running smoother now.

So a cu.yard of sand (I figured it was 1/2 ton) covered 10 x 12 area an inch and a half deep which seems to be working well. Although I could probably get away with just an inch deep.

So, yesterday I had collected eggs before going to the bunny barn like usual, and laid the scoop full of eggs at the door. Well, being me and not paying enough attention I knocked the whole scoop of eggs onto the stairs, breaking all of them!
he.gif
I swear I have a problem, I have bruises all over my legs and arms from walking into things...
hide.gif

Have you thought about a Bubble wrap suit.
tongue2.gif
I hate you lost your eggs...I have done that and it really ticks me off at myself.
barnie.gif

It drains wonderfully outside....I looked at Barios today and I like his better than the play sand I paid a wad for and easy to clean up. I think I will by putting it in my houses as well. And...the LF run when I get it cleaned out. Though I am going to figure out how to put my cat litter scoop on a long stick!
big_smile.png
where did you get yours Bario?

I think I'd be too lazy to clean the sand every day...

@Tnbarnqueen - a bubble suit would probably work but I'd have to replace it a lot... cost too much!

he.gif
hide.gif
Well if no bubble wrap....can you record some of it at least?? Free entertainment after all
bun.gif

Last edited:
Well if no bubble wrap....can you record some of it at least?? Free entertainment after all
bun.gif

bairo - the only problem with recording it is it always happens when I'm just walking around not paying attention to my surroundings... So, I hit things, like walls, metal objects, you name it.
tongue.gif
to the entertainment part...

TNchick - no problem, have you thought about using it in your next chicken coop? It helps to keep cleaning the coops easier, or at least for me it does since I use OSB for floors and walls...

Edit: Oh, I became an aunt again today! My oldest sister welcomed her 2nd child into the world, it was a boy this time!

Last edited:
bairo - the only problem with recording it is it always happens when I'm just walking around not paying attention to my surroundings... So, I hit things, like walls, metal objects, you name it.
tongue.gif
to the entertainment part...

TNchick - no problem, have you thought about using it in your next chicken coop? It helps to keep cleaning the coops easier, or at least for me it does since I use OSB for floors and walls...

Edit: Oh, I became an aunt again today! My oldest sister welcomed her 2nd child into the world, it was a boy this time!
Congrats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom