Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.... I am driving from ETN to Elizabethtown, KY on Monday and back on Wed night or Thurs. AM.
If any one knows any good breeders that would be on my route for Gold laced Wyans or BCM chicks, please let me know AND/OR If anyone needs me to pick up any chicks/eggs for them from anyone on that route, let me know and I will get them on my way back.
My route on way back will be:
hwy 150 out of Elizabethtown down to 75, to corbin KY and then on to 25E all the way to Newport, TN or I can stay on 75 into Knoxville and come across 40 back to Newport. Just let me know....I have to travel that route anyway so picking anything up will not put me out.

Hey everyone. In here in Talbott also. Must not be too far from TNBarn Queen. I am so over this rain. It has about destroyed all my pens. I had them covered with 2 inch netting and then when winter hit I covered that with plastic (BIG MISTAKE), All the snow we had did not seem to bother it but all the rain has made BIG sags in the netting and plastic on to. Time to Build new coops and pens.

Also have decided to get rid of all the mutts and some of my different breeds and concentrate on maybe 5 or 6 breeds. It does not cost any more to feed ahen that sells for 15 dollars than it does a hen that sells for 5 dollars. Only problem is I need the eggs for sale while my new breeds arrive and grow to laying age.

We have been in chickens for about 18 months now. WOW how much I have learned in that short time. We have 10 Silver Cuckoo Marans, 9 Buff Orpingtons, 10 Barred Rocks,Lots of Easter Eggers, and still have lots of barnyard mutts.

Currently have 97 in the incubators including 27 French Black Cooper Marans (Bev Davis line), some easter eggers, some Barred Rocks and some Silver Cuckoo Marans. This will be the second, third and forth hatch of the year. All the chicks but the FBCMs are for sale, to raise money for fencing for the new pens.

Anyone need anything or advice just let me know.

Hope everyone has a great hatching spring.

thumbsup.gif

AJ

Here is a heads up for the BYCers....

I'm about to put some free birds and some others for sale on craigslist....

three LF Dels roos - good for the table(Free)
1 LF Del pair - good for breeding
Two LF Polish roos - breeding (free - one solid white one silver laced)
One SQ Australorp Roo - great for breeding from babulldogs
One rare Bantam White Wyandotte Roo - from my breeding stock
Two crossed project roos (I call them "tater tots") (Free)

I'm sure there are more if I push myself to narrow it down further. In my years breeding I wanted to try all sorts of breeds and I have decided to narrow it down to just a few breeds that I enjoy more than others. So this is what is left of a long fall and winter of selling and giving away stock.

Anywho.. I'll be putting them on Knoxville and Chattanooga's craigslist and wanted to give ya'll a heads up first shot.

Quote:
Which ones lay those speckled eggs? Those are gorgeous! The dark red's as well. I have never seen anything like that.

24277_0221012054.jpg

The darkest eggs are from Wheaten Marans. Not sure who is laying the speckled egg. I have 2 welsummers but don't think they are laying right now. I also have an EE that is half welsummer...I think she might be laying that speckled egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom