Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I live in North Carolina, half a mile from TN and 15 miles from GA. Turtletown, TN is the closest town to me. I have eight elderly laying hens and am looking for a rooster, brown Leghorn, if possible, but am open to other breeds. I would also like to find some young hens or older pullets. I prefer Dominiques or Ameraucanas. Anybody in southeast TN have any of these breeds?
Kat

Quote:
Welcome! I'm not to far from you, I live in Delano in Polk Co. Near the Mennonite horse and buggy community.

by the winery too???? if so i bought some chicks from u, cuckoo marans???? on the left goin down the rd to amish market????? never mind, its you!!!!! i just looked up your profile and it has your first name listed, lol..... it has been several years ago but my fatherinlaw just bought some "leftover" chicks from you about 2 weeks ago....think he got 11 maybe???? i was so impressed with your place and how neat and clean it is/was!!!! i have recomended several people to you!!!! i have pure black copper marans and pure royal palms too now!!!! glad to see you on here!!!

Last edited:
I dont know of any breeders, but seen alot of lion heads around for sale and auction this year every weekend i think. i have baby guinea pigs that im going to regretably sell to cause down on numbers, and types of some critters. the one pair i am waiting to see if person replies back on considered trade, but three friendly babies, and one overly friendly female albino (she needs alot of attention: tummy tickles/rubs, and scratches behind ears etc..). ten for babies and twenty for albino. all babies think are silkies but one, adults are english with females from georgia and male from virginia breeders.

Quote:
Just you!
gig.gif
Nah, when my broodies do it I lose track and just wait to see if anything happens... incubators are stressful and seem like forever of looking at eggs just sitting there
tongue.png

Quote:
I gave her a baby (one hatched in the incubator and it was lonely) and took the mass amount of eggs that my other hens were laying under her
roll.png
and she was caring for it... well we had a cold snap and it died, so she's not gone back broody and hasn't bothered laying yet. Leghorn is still sitting though, waiting to see if she gives up in the middle of it
roll.png

I really need to move her into another pen I have with some younger chickens and see if she goes broody again, she's a good broody just a big pushover, the other hens would peck the baby and she'd not do anything. I think she'd be better momma than my SLW hen though, that one had chicks and at like 3 weeks old stopped warming them up during that cold snap and I lost 2 chicks. I lost one of my BLRW chicks I bought from HBuehler as well that same day.

My broody is still sitting in coop. But coop is wet real wet. We never put shingle and roof paper on and now water just comes in. I really need to get on hubby for this but it is so hard when he is in town. Anyway I hope no one is getting major water damge from all this dang rain.

Welcome to all our new ETN chicken people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom