Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
GRRRRRRR! That has got to be so frustrating. How stinkin' hard is it to contain a dog? How many options are there? They could put them in the house, garage, a shed, a kennel, a pen, a tie out line... and on and on... Your neighbor has to have fried every single brain cell to not appreciate how much the destruction is going to cost her.

Horrible. I think id b tempted to stand on my porch with a gun, even a powerful bb. I'm with tenneseeckn, how hard can this be!

Quote:
GRRRRRRR! That has got to be so frustrating. How stinkin' hard is it to contain a dog? How many options are there? They could put them in the house, garage, a shed, a kennel, a pen, a tie out line... and on and on... Your neighbor has to have fried every single brain cell to not appreciate how much the destruction is going to cost her.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. The cop this morning told me he flat out asked her how she would feel if I had a pet that came over and killed her dogs. I still think she doesn't "get" it. Besides that, I breed them... they aren't JUST pets.

you should sue for mental and anticipated losses as well if you can show they are part of your lively hood, just dont claim as main income or youll be getting tax questions coming up.

Quote:
not sure they will back up and award mental and anticipated loss, but I'm certainly not sleeping and alot jumpier. I'm always wondering "who is next?"

Run a hot wire around your coop and set a large coyote live trap. If you see it attacking your birds you might want to go with SSS. This is horrible, people are so irresponsible with their animals.
sad.png

Quote:
didnt you know that now drug dealers, and others now except chickens like food stamps! lol i can joke about that as sadly on them temp.

I was told by a Mexican guy I worked with that illegals who can't get jobs or food stamps will steal chickens, goats, and pigs to feed themselves and their families with. He flat out told me to padlock my goats and chickens up! I'm not starting a immigration debate, but the area does have alot... something to think about.

no matter what color the skin or where they are from... there is more and more people hungery right now. Chickens are easy to catch, transport, and kill.

Quote:
didnt you know that now drug dealers, and others now except chickens like food stamps! lol i can joke about that as sadly on them temp.

I was told by a Mexican guy I worked with that illegals who can't get jobs or food stamps will steal chickens, goats, and pigs to feed themselves and their families with. He flat out told me to padlock my goats and chickens up! I'm not starting a immigration debate, but the area does have alot... something to think about.

no matter what color the skin or where they are from... there is more and more people hungery right now. Chickens are easy to catch, transport, and kill.

its not racist, that Mexicans will actually eat them at least, instead of selling for food, booze or drugs. id actually feel better knowing my animals were killed quick by people with probably recent background in AG, and new how to quickly kill the stolen stock, and care decently for even as precious food, rather than meth and pill head rednecks etc.

Hey guys I'm selling most of my Mille fleur Cochins. If you're interested please pm me. I'll be selling 3 hens and 2 Roos.
smile.png
. If you take all 5 for $80 which is much less than I paid. Need to make room for the next generation!

Hey guys! Long time no post! I've been trying to keep up with all the pages of posts, tnchickenut it sounds like you're really distraught and I would be too (I can't imagine losing even one chicken and thankfully havn't yet) sounds like getting a game camera would help catch those dogs in the act as well, solidifying your case against your neighbor. Yet, the sad part is you'll lose even more chickens regardless...

Nella- I think your magic is restricted to your own hens in YOUR yard, once I brought home those 2 they've only gone broody ONCE!
gig.gif
So bairo I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Bairo- if you want some meat bunnies.... I'm up to 16 bunnies!!!!
big_smile.png
2 breeding does to make me some more, 2 bucks on the waiting list (one mixed, one new zealand), 2 young does and buck new zealands, 1 mixed young doe, 1 young mini lop doe (soon to get her mate from my friend yay!), and 7 babies still with one of the aforementioned breeding does.. Whoo...
th.gif

Laughingdog- I hate that you have to sale off most of what you have! It's so hard to sale anything right now! I barely sold my RIR's, and still no calls on any of my roosters
sad.png
dang things are probably just going to go to the freezer ::sigh:: It's hard to downsize because I barely have any more laying birds (gotta keep my customers for eggs!!) and so I've got an abundance of pre-laying pullets and some roosters...

SandraD- nice to meet ya!

tennesseeckn- the lil rooster I got off of you started crowing this morning, I heard it and just about tripped going up the stairs! HILARIOUS! He's trying so hard...

Ok, long post so I'll just keep reading on and keeping up... If anyone is looking for a half blind SLW rooster, or any kind of rooster let me know
wink.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom