Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Try to control yourself Mr Manly. She is such a good mom. Not great quality cochin but great broody.

2011-07-03_10-23-05_16.jpg

2011-07-03_10-24-25_665.jpg

Quote:
She does indeed have both newborns, 'teenagers' and half grown eye candy bantam birds.

I also have a couple of adults. And a rooster for sale that is sweet as pie.

BTW, welcome to all!!

I want some eye candy....but I would have to have a 8 egg breakfast with those cute little things of yours
smile.png

Quote:
She does indeed have both newborns, 'teenagers' and half grown eye candy bantam birds.

I also have a couple of adults. And a rooster for sale that is sweet as pie.

BTW, welcome to all!!

I want some eye candy....but I would have to have a 8 egg breakfast with those cute little things of yours
smile.png

Yup, takes a lot of eggs to make a d'Uccle omelet....

I entered these in the contest:
2952_img_8544.jpg

2952_img_8552.jpg

I doubt they win, but a lot of peeps will ooooh and aaaah in the meantime....

Those are bantam cochins right?

The baby pictures are soooo cute.

After looking at different breeds I think the boys (and momma) would be happy with all little bantam chickens! Maybe a couple big girls for eggs but the boys want more like pet chickens.

I would love to start with maybe an adult or two and maybe babies for the boys to watch them grow.

Yes, these are bantam cochins. Big fluffy balls of feathers.

If I have any broodies after this show, I can let them sit on a few eggs if you want. I took 3 broodies to the show but looked like they had broken, fortunately. I bet I could make the overly mottled girl broody (again) if I stuck her in a brooder with a bunch of eggs though
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The babies in my hand are d'Uccle babies. Little feather feet. Nella has the cochins.

Depending on the age of the kids, adults would be good because you can get an idea of size and handling without as much as an issue over injury. Also, not so sensitive to the weird E TN weather we've been having
hmm.png

If the 1/2 grown millie pair hasn't sold from the TN Valley fair, then I'd give them to your boys so they can see what they think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom