Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Barnqueen.... Have to miss it again tomorrow
sad.png

Kim is in SC at a woman's christian conference and I had a job pop up I absolutely have to start on tomorrow or loose it. Plus I have Megan this weekend because her dad cancelled. I seriously need a stress reduction program.....
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Adorable rattie! I wish I had more inside room, I used to raise hairless, rex and blazed in all kinds of colors, but where we are at now there is no way I can find any other animals inside, only outside space here.

blazed rats?
ive raised rats outside just under a porch or overhang on balcony in tubs out of direct light and rain, and they bred better than pampered inside that started doing as felt sorry for one winter when their water kept freezin and breaking the containers.

if id known or remembered, id have thought to ask on here if anyone had a female rat to spare for breeder (friendly hopefully), as went out and bought baby albino feeder rat not thinking how long it would be till she is old enough to be more than a wrth while anyway to get as companion for my last male (gave rest away as pets, and mean ones as feeders). dont worry i keep my ratties inside and spoiled more over, aside from needing bigger cage, which trying to pull off.. actually id trade on some fancy pigeons, budgies babies and breeders, as well as finches, and cages for the smaller birds, for good sized small spaced barred rat cage maybe, and especially if anyone would have decent cages or built coop for pigeons (hoping for something size of eight doors put together i think).

well my four flight eggs all hatched and are starting to look decent, though first babies that i know of for parents and they were trying to stuff the babies so full the babies were barfing up and asperating pigeon milk curds all over for first days.

a beautiful sharp shinned hawk tried to take out one of my performing/roller fledglings, sending them flying off as well as mamma and the hawk when i came barreling out, and with that, the huge loud plane coming through so loud and low close just over head, and then this good storm, im not sure ill see my babies again..

cat seems back and fourth on her kittens, but made a huge litter box for rotund butt to be able to use easier. lol though she on and off tries her darndest to get out as time seems to be approaching. she has suddenly stopped eating like a piggle, but spending time downstairs so could be hunting, though discovered the screen pushed out on the window of one room tonite and her sitting right below acting innicent contented and sleepy.

I've seen them use their beaks like bulldozers and I've seen them shuffle them around with their feet but I just can't see any of them being strong enough to hold it under their wing. These are raised nesting boxes with a perch so I think at some point the golf ball had to be on the floor of the coop and they had to lift it about 12" to get it in the other box.

They've got to be the strongest little birds around...

well i guess, as have seen my games, as well as think others do it since the games had been, but gussing if the wing is strong enough to lift propel and steer the bird, its not improbable to try to guess hoy they do it. ive seen it only twice in the pigeons that i had when had my chickens, so it could be learned behavior, though ive seen mother birds scoop babies up on videos and picks many times.

i do say not to believe anything you hear, unless you experiance it yourself though also.. lol

Last edited:
blazed rats?
ive raised rats outside just under a porch or overhang on balcony in tubs out of direct light and rain, and they bred better than pampered inside that started doing as felt sorry for one winter when their water kept freezin and breaking the containers.
Yeah I brought some blazed guys back from Pittsburgh about 8 years ago, not sure if these guys are still from my old lines(many moves, so I had to give them away), but these are from 2 years ago, dumbo, rex(or carriers) variegated or bareback, usually mismarked lightning blaze, though my original guys had nice symmetrical wedge blazes. Was working on improving them, but moved once again and gave them up
sad.png

I found the water bottles quite annoying myself with the rabbits this winter.

Just as soon as I get some time I'll make a hold down table and get the web cam set up to do a couple of capons. I have at least 2 cockerels that I can tell so far from that last hatch.....no promises though until I get this next job done.

I know someone that's still interested in learning how to do this, so the videos would be a big help.

Is it even worth it. When I now they are cockerals I off them and they go to the dog. Right now I have teo people that want a cockeral with thier pullets so they can have a small flock.

Speaking of which anyone know if Knox or JC is allowing chickens in town? I know they were on the agenda but do not know if it passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom