Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question about poo....don't know anywhere else I could start a sentence like that and it be ok.
smile.png
I have a welsummer X EE pullet and I'm concerned it might not be feeling well. She acta OK, but poo the color of light carmel and the consistancy of eatered down pudding just doesn't seem normal. I'm not on expert on chickens (would like to be!), but that doesn't seem right.
Diet consists of regular all flock type pellets and and crumbles by Purina. What do you think.....any ideas or suggestions?

Sounds like ceacal poo. Have you checked out this site? It will make you feel a LOT better.

Hey folks! How is everyone this evening? I am looking for a sebright breeder;specifically, golden's. I would like to find 2 pullets. I can take chicks if you are a good eye at sexing them young, as I cannot have a rooster. Give me a shout if you know of anyone or are one.

Thank you ever so much.

~Lunar~
jumpy.gif

So I have a question about poo....don't know anywhere else I could start a sentence like that and it be ok.
smile.png
I have a welsummer X EE pullet and I'm concerned it might not be feeling well. She acta OK, but poo the color of light carmel and the consistancy of eatered down pudding just doesn't seem normal. I'm not on expert on chickens (would like to be!), but that doesn't seem right.
Diet consists of regular all flock type pellets and and crumbles by Purina. What do you think.....any ideas or suggestions?

"She acta ok, but she poopta not ok"
lau.gif
Sorry... couldn't stop my fingers from typing it!!

That poop sounds normal... so long as it isn't ALWAYS like that. No blood in it? Right? You are good. There is a page online showing all types of good and bad chicken poo. Alot of gross poo is perfectly fine. They can poo one that is dark chocolate brown, then a firm one, then a runny one... even watery ones... all fine SO LONG AS it isn't all the time.

Hey folks! How is everyone this evening? I am looking for a sebright breeder;specifically, golden's. I would like to find 2 pullets. I can take chicks if you are a good eye at sexing them young, as I cannot have a rooster. Give me a shout if you know of anyone or are one.

Thank you ever so much.

~Lunar~
jumpy.gif

I think your best bet is hatchery. I bred silver sebrights for a few years and when I needed a replacement cockerel (why i don't breed anymore) I found a breeder in Athens (he has goldens) but the price is CRAZY. Probrably because a good sebright is hard to breed. Their body shape doesn't always allow a..... connection, if you know what I mean.

That said, you might find someone with hatchery quality to buy some off of, but I am slightly a chicken snob and unless it's just for eggs or I'm already attached to it or it comes with a sad story... I want better quality, so I don't know how many have pet/hatchery quality sebrights.

ETA... there most likely will be sebrights at shows. Even if there aren't any for sale, you can get contact info from breeders. That is how I got mine in the first place. I just made contact with people. I paid $40 for two pullets and $30 for my original cockerel. I lucked out and got two boys for $5 each from someone at a local trade. I think they just wanted to get rid of them (they were full of worms too) because it was getting late and the trade was about over... and I think it was the same guy in Athens.

Last edited:
"She acta ok, but she poopta not ok" :lau  Sorry... couldn't stop my fingers from typing it!!

That poop sounds normal... so long as it isn't ALWAYS like that. No blood in it? Right? You are good. There is a page online showing all types of good and bad chicken poo. Alot of gross poo is perfectly fine. They can poo one that is dark chocolate brown, then a firm one, then a runny one... even watery ones... all fine SO LONG AS it isn't all the time. 

Hehe...guess i should look over my typing! Thanks for the info. I checked out the poop page and yes - it must be ceacal poo.

Bear with me; I'm learning. :)

@tnchickenut - I have looked around the hatcheries, but most either have a minimum of too many or they won't sex them or both. My Pet Chicken is sold out for this year, so maybe next year I can get a few from them. Thanks for the info about body structure...good to know. I can't have a rooster anyway, but for future reference if that changes--thx. I figured they would be just for looks and possible eggs, but they are so pretty. But I do want nice/correct hens if I can get them. Maybe I will get lucky at the Oct show and find someone to talk to and maybe find a few. I'm still not sure if I can make the Nov show yet, but I am crossing my fingers and toes. Thanks again for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom