Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...i'll bring it and who ever can use it can have it

itsthelaw?
I'll try to remember to remind you... if I don't forget stuff myself... it just dawned on me we just set the date and it is within this month! School is killing my brain cells...

ETA: and I keep looking at hatching eggs dang it!

Last edited:
Just marking my page.
caf.gif

So, I forget how long ago I switched back to Dumor, but I have yet to get ANY eggs and unfortunately had to go to the store to buy a dozen... I mean it's been FOREVER since I've had to even LOOK at store bought eggs... I had to buy them for my video I shared with ya'll... anyways, tomorrow is coop clean out day... Probably rabbit barn too... They are going to be wormed with Ivermectin that night after they put themselves to bed, and then follow up with Valbazen after 14 days... I wonder if egg production will pick up then? I guess I need to find a feed with a higher protein percentage if they don't pick up? I know it's winter and all, but with my RIRs and Golden Comets (when I had them) I'd still be getting eggs, and I remember it because I used to get them hours after they froze!

ETA: I paid 3.66 after tax for CAGE FREE EGGS! I only ask $3 a dozen for mine, which can actually be considered cage free... 3.66!!! Not even ORGANIC!
28 hens and 25 Pols and I am only getting 2 to 3 eggs a day. Ouch.

And I feed 6 different feeds
Starter (for the 22 under 5 months along with 4 grain)
4 Grain Scratch 8% (mostly Cockerels and youths)
Johnson's JJ 11% (as a filler / treat and the POLs)
KTA 16% Layer pellets (for the ones finished molting and the POLs)
Johnson's JJ Juicer 17% (usually fed along side the 16%)
KTA 22% (for the ones still molting)

Don't forget I have 14 pens and yes I have a feed / egg / water / head count chart to keep me straight on who gets what.
Been trying to see who like what the best and also get production back up.
But I love my pen 14, they will eat ANYTHING.
I pick up left overs after 2 or 3 days, mix it all together and they nearly clean their pans DAILY.
(There are only 14, 6 month old's and they eat 1.5 gallons a day)
Pen 14 is a cross of BLRW and CC Marans (some awesome looking and some kinda strange looking)

Last edited:
Ok, so an update is in store... We are less than 5000 view away from 100,000 views for the contest... Talbott Poultry is right now the closest guess with Nov. 22nd @ 9:45pm
Started to guess Halloween but really thought it would be closer to thanksgiving.

whooo

Aj is going to be way off, LOL
Since I cant win anyway...im going to say more like nov 6th at 4pm
Nov 6 at 4pm, Really???

With 25 to 200 post per day I would (just for fun) say Picnic day at 11:48 pm.

I'll take it. We use Purina. I set up three trash cans in my laundry room. One is regular, one is medicated and the other is rabbit food. I have a little system where I use old mealworm buckets to fill up their feed. (however, my guineas are getting out of control....they are eating TWICE what my chickens eat)

Bairo, we've had our three shots. Plymouth picked yesterday. He sleeps a lot.

Husband brought home another dog last night to try her. She's five years old. Very pretty dog with one of those faces that makes you want to love her. (if he complains about how much feed he is buying for my babies, I just remind him how many dogs he has)

Leaving for NC today. Going home to see all my friends. And tomorrow is Homecoming at my church. Leaving all my critters with my husband. (Please Lord let them all be alive when I get back) Going to take my laptop because I can't bear thinking you all are posting, and I can't read it. lol)

This is for anyone. If you have birds you are going to cull. Give them to me. I'll take most misfits.. Especially bandy and featherfooted. But will consider all offered. I. Don't care if the comb is not right or if. They didn't do what you wanted let me know. I love all. Chickens

Hey everyone - I've also posted on the "Cochin" thread but thought I would here also, being you guys are all closer to me.

I am looking for a couple or so BANTAM COCHIN PULLETS OR HENS. Prefer some what older to go with my two 5 month old boys.
They desperately need some companionship after I had to move them into the LF Cochin pen due to introducing a new cockeral with their girls. The same age but MUCH larger LF Cochin pullets will not work with them and they are getting very frustrated, if ya know whatI mean!

Please let me know if anyone has any pullets or hens available.
Thanks

Hello everyone and welcome all the new ones to the group. I have not been on BYC in a bit. OMG this group has been very busy. It has been a tough few months for us for we lost our farm dog. But good news is we have another coming in 14 days to replace her. We had to put Noel down do to hepeatits and she was not even 5 yet. It was a very bad day.

On the good side we had a late hatch and my new hen was laying till she went into moult. Hope then one surviving pullet is from her. I will be hatching out alot this next spring to say the least. At this time our flock is down to 8 gals and 4 roos but that will change. I am not sure I am going to keep one of the pullets for she is not up to my standard for the breed. The 3 spare cockerals hubby plans to butcher sine we have two little one growing up in last hatching. I have done a little work on the chickens blog but have not updated since the hatch.

Well, I have some catching up to do here so off I go to read. I promise to keep up bettter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom