Eastern Washington

Just set 27 of my own eggs due to hatch the 19th, have 10 red rangers and 3 turkeys coming to the feed store april 9th, and 8 welsummer and 8 light sussex chicks coming in June.... Added to my current 10 layers it is by far the most birds we have ever had. Very exciting!

I have a 1/2 acre garden plot marked out... We are trying to be self-sufficient as possible on our farm, and I will sell the excess at the farmers market. Just waiting for the ground to dry out enough to till. The trays of seeds in my windows are sprouting, and we are starting to rough in a greenhouse to give me more starting room. I am so excited for all of our plans to be coming together. We are total newbies to all of this, at least on this scale (I have always grown veggies), and we have been working to get to this point for 5 years now. Sure have a lot to learn, especially on the trying to make some money side of things, but the journey has been fulfilling so far.

Spring is coming! Yay!

I know! She's 7 months now! By the time her first birthday rolls around, we'll be in England!

Chae, best of luck! We really enjoyed our time in Germany with the Army, although I am glad to know we wont be moving again... Hubby retires at the end of the month :)

So excited, we planted our onions on Sunday. We planted 100 sweet onions in our flower bed, and left enough room for 4 potato piles and a few rows of carrots. Then the rest of the flower beds will be for tomatoes and a couple pumpkin plants to mix in with our sunflowers again. But one thing is for sure, our peppers are going to be at the other house, they go nuts over there and I barely got 3 small peppers over here. Hopefully we will have a new house by harvest time so I can start improving my soil for a garden and not feel like I am wasting my efforts for the next person's benefit. Glory of renting I guess.

Raech, i know what you mean... Having spent the last 12 years moving from rental to rental with the military, it is such a comfort knowing that all of the hard work we are doing this time is for US! I have left a trail of raised beds and compost piles behind me across the country :). (with landlords blessing of course!). We just moved into our new house last Nov (after four years of prep and a year of construction), and it has been so fulfilling! Blessings and I hope your plans come together for your new place!

Wow! Tons of Eastern WA/Northern ID folks on here! Yay!! We just moved to Spokane and are getting our chicks (first ones ever) in April/May, so we're researching, reading, and getting our supplies. Super excited! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome gpsygrl from Cougar Country! Love BYC, and have learned so much here :)

I'm so excited! 4 little 2-week-old Black Copper Marans fuzzy butts in the brooder! Please, please, please, please, please let at least one or two of them be girls! Roos will have to find a new home, so keep fingers crossed for me!

I will likely have a nice EE and/or BO that are good layers available, depending on how many girls I get from this batch of BCM babies. I need to keep my chicken numbers around what they are now, so will look for a good rehome for one or two of my current girls that will be 1 yr on April 1st. But right now, I'm just going to grow out these cutie-pies and see what happens.

Same Here! we have no clue and are probably spending way too much time researching. Looking for good layers that are less boisterous. Perhaps a duck as well :)

Anyone in Eastern WA selling hatching eggs in the next few months? About to place an order , but prefer not to do shipping if I can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom