Eastern Washington

thats very cool
big_smile.png

I took my other half with me to Aslin-Finch today (on the North side) to get Orvus (to clean my outside windows). He wandered in to take a peep at the little peepers they still have there! And I get "Oh, look! They have Turkeys!" Lol! We did not bring home any Turkeys though...but I still thought it was funny...any bets on if we'll end up with a turkey hen in the future? Ha! Do they live long lives too or they just like Toms...grow too fast and such?

Hi everyone! We live here in Richland and have managed to come up with a roo. Does anyone in the Tri-Cities take roos, for keeps or to dispatch? We've lost enough chickens since we started raising them in April, I can't bring myself to do the dispatching again. We had a gorgeous little girl end up with a crossed beak in May and that was incredibly sad for me. We had a "barnyard massacre" in June, while we were on vacation and bought 4 new babies from a fantastic breeder by Spokane. She threw in a free little guy for my son that was with me begging for one more. It's a ROOSTER! Argh. We live in town, the neighbor (we live on a corner lot) hates us already and the roo isn't helping much. He is a Buff Ameraucana and crows starting around 7:00 to 7:30 and goes for about 10 minutes. He will crow when a stranger comes around the backyard but that's it for him. If he is just for the *shhh* stew pot, that is fine, just please don't tell our kids. This is traumatic for them. Once they figured out that he was a rooster, there were tears from our 14 and 9 year olds. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks! I did just that! I had figured the Eastern Washington would be better; more local people. I love this message board. We've been using it but never posted (everyone had already asked all our questions and they had been answered). We selected chickens, coop style, feed info, dispatching/culling method (when it was needed), all kinds of things from here! It's just amazing and has made raising chickens so EASY getting to see that we are not the only ones that have the successes and failures! I'm looking forward to having a great time here; now that we FINALLY registered!!!
big_smile.png

New girl....I see it is slow in this forum...but that is okay - since I haven't figured it out yet.

I am an ex farm girl married to a city guy - he felt sorry and got me a coop for mothers day with OLD hens. Poor guy wondered why they stopped laying. Hehehe.
lol.png
So, now I am looking for chicks. If you know of anyone selling Wyandotte's - BIG fluffy ones.....let me know. Would love to have four.

Quote:
I know there are some in Washington but I think they are on the west side and I think there is someone up north. I know you will get an answer on the Washingtonians thread but be warned it moves lightning fast.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say Hi. I am from Central Washington (Wenatchee). We had chickens when I was a kid but this is our first foray into keeping our own chickens.
I am a mom to two boys (6 & 8) and we have a dog and now 8 chickens. I laugh because that is twice as many as I started out thinking we would get. AND I was in Coastal Farm and Ranch today and it took all my willpower not to buy another chicken, two ducks and a goose! Oh, and also, the baby Banties are SO CUTE!!!!
Anybody else from Wenatchee?

Just wanted to say Hi. I am from Central Washington (Wenatchee). We had chickens when I was a kid but this is our first foray into keeping our own chickens.
I am a mom to two boys (6 & 8) and we have a dog and now 8 chickens. I laugh because that is twice as many as I started out thinking we would get. AND I was in Coastal Farm and Ranch today and it took all my willpower not to buy another chicken, two ducks and a goose! Oh, and also, the baby Banties are SO CUTE!!!!
Anybody else from Wenatchee?

Hello I am 2 hours North of you. Omak. I have started with a pen of layers and have grown and grown and grown. Ever hear of chicken math? I now am getting into show quality Black Orpingtons and show quality Seramas (both ends of the size spectrum). And been recently talking about getting some heritage turkeys. to raise and eat.

Welcome to the group. There is a lot of information on BYC. I am sure that if you have a question you will find the answer here.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom