1 large green pepper
1 large red pepper
1 Chili Seasoning package

lawrey's seasoned salt
pepper
garlic powder (ran out of fresh garlic)

Makes almost 16 quarts of heavenly goodness
smile.png

The kids are waiting....... Right now I have 11 in the house and it'll definately feed all of us through 2nds
smile.png

How long do you cook it for and at what temp?

Do you need to have 11 kids to make it or can you make a smaller portion?

I cook it on high for approx 1 hour........

To scale it down, simply cut the ingredients in half for a PC sized meal or 3
smile.png

Oh yeah, forgot to add, sautéed the beef and onions in 3 cans of Budweiser till onions were caramelized.

Cool. I've used tomato juice for stewing, but I'd never considered using V8. I'll have to try that.

Quote:
OK, I'll derail Boyd's thread with another dumb story of mine ...

When I was in college, a bunch of us rented out someone's vacation home and went skiiing for a week. Mostly we partied hard, and skied a little.

One morning, we were out of milk. One of the guys took the bowl of eggs he was scrambling over to what was left of last night's quarter-barrel, and used some beer instead.

Big Ol' Pat, the hardest drinker amongst us, came stumbling hungover down the stairs just as the eggs were ready. He ate a huge plate of them, and then sat there pondering life ... and then mumbled "guys, do you think maybe I'm turning into an alcoholic? Everything's startin' to taste like beer to me."

Our cook for that morning replied "I dunno man, you been drinkin hard all week" ... and let it go at that.

Back
Top Bottom