Eating Chicks?

Quote:
Are you serious!? OMGosh. Though I can't really talk, LOL. When I was that age I wanted to kill and eat Bambi.
roll.png

LOL
lau.gif
I guess that kid didn't have any issues with eating chickens.. no future president of PETA there..LOL.. He must be the president of the other PETA(People. Eating. Tasty. Animals).. I can't help but feel sorry for the chick, though.. I like to know my food was dead BEFORE hitting the frying pan..
jumpy.gif

-Kim

* Chicknthief-- You are a freak! WHY would anybody wanna eat a movie??? The story is true-- The kid's name has been changed (very slightly) cause you never know who might be reading BYC, even 4o years after the event.
tongue.png

Quote:
This is true. There are people where the men would eat raw goat testicles just because they believe that it increases fertility..It was funny because the same man who could pick up elephant dung and drink the water he squeezed from it, threw up goat testicles.. *shivers* blah..

-Kim

d.k :

* Chicknthief-- You are a freak! WHY would anybody wanna eat a movie??? The story is true-- The kid's name has been changed (very slightly) cause you never know who might be reading BYC, even 4o years after the event.
tongue.png

Was the kids name Billy?

roll.png
I couldn't help but guess.. The urge to "guess" just popped up and I do not understand why.. but I just had to get it out of my system..
he.gif

-Kim​

Quote:
I was thinking of this when I read this post. There are several cultures that consider unhatched, but nearly mature eggs a delicacy. One, I can't remember which, let them age. They are basically eating a rotting little corpse. Its all very interesting, even though I'm not sure I'd want to try it, but I probably would just once. One day I'm going to stop saying that. I'm pretty sure I ate dog once from a Cantonese man. I should really learn some foreign languages if I'm going to keep this try anything once attitude.

The man that may, or may not have fed me dog thought it was gross that I ate pork. Its all cultural.

While I wouldn't turn down balut, I wouldn't go out of my way to try some. I have the whole mentality of cute = not dinner and let's face it, ducklings have explosive levels of cute attached to them. Besides that, as crazy as it sounds (it makes no sense to me at all), I just can't fathome eating something before it's born. I haven't been convinced that fetuses of any sort are on the menu (no, chicken eggs aren't fetuses
smile.png

I was thinking of day-old chicks because of the yolk, then frying (deep frying, probably) so they are very non-recognizable as chicks. These probably can't be sold since I'm leery about selling any sort of food, even eggs - you never know what can go wrong.

Waiting a week and then trying it out is fine, too. I don't know if I'll actually go through with this plan, it's just something I started thinking about and needed some sort of answer.

Also, I know this sounds gross to some people, but a chicken is still a chicken no matter the age. Eating a chick at one week old instead of four weeks isn't much of a stretch. I'm sort of hoping it'd be similar to quail in size and easier to cook.

If I try it out I'll definitely post up my results here. If anyone else tries to eat younger chickens I'd love to know how it turned out and get a recipe.

Thanks for the input, it gives me a lot more to think about.

Back
Top Bottom