Eating/Cooking with Goose Eggs?

I eat my goose eggs.

Since I never tasted duck eggs I can't compare with those. But IMHO, goose eggs taste no different than chicken eggs. I've had them scrambled and put them in pancakes.

I made deviled eggs from goose eggs one time to surprise guests. They were impressed!

To eat a single goose egg you had better be hungry or you could have leftovers. I haven't eaten either goose or duck eggs in a while, so can't compare them. However, I discovered I am allergic to duck eggs so keep chickens for eggs now.

Quote:
me too
big_smile.png

They have very creamy texture when scrambled.
droolin.gif

I tried to make egg salad out of them but the whites were kinda rubbery however i may have over cooked them, i will have to try again.
I do love duck eggs for baking but have not tried goose eggs yet.

Goose eggs are Great to eat and cook with....I like them much better than the duck eggs because they were not earthy tasting..and the duck eggs were to me anyways...

Never had a duck egg, but we love the goose eggs and our friends wait for them in the spring. They are wonderfully rich and make the best bread pudding you ever ate! We freeze ours and they keep up to about 6 months. Blend them slightly first. Some people pour the egg in ice cube trays and count each cube as one egg, I usually buy extra large chicken eggs and my goose eggs equal 3-4 of those in volume. The first year we did it, my husband wrote how many ounces were in each ziplock bag. That didn't help me because I had no idea what the volume of an average chicken eggs was in ounces.
hu.gif
Now we put about how many chicken eggs are represented to humor me -as well as the volume.
They make the coolest hard-boiled eggs for easter eggs, too! You should have seen my grandson's eyes when he found the first one of these! It was priceless!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom