Eating duck eggs

I can't really tell the difference in duck verses chicken eggs. I was always sort of "grossed out" by the thought of eating duck eggs (for no good reason, lol). We ate chicken and quail eggs though.

After living in Thailand for a time, I found out that we had been eating duck eggs for weeks and I didn't even realize it. I noticed that the whites seemed a little thicker, but just thought it was how the eggs were prepared. Taste wise- I can't tell any difference and am now no longer "grossed out" by eating them.

I haven't tried eating my ducks eggs yet, I just can't get over the smell!! They have a very 'earthy' scent to them when you open them, and I can just imagine what that would taste like
sickbyc.gif

My son has eaten some though (4-yr.-old), and he hasn't said anything about them tasting weird. But he probably doesn't know what a chicken egg tastes like, usually his egg of choice is quial
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think if you are selling somewhere like a farmer's market there are state or federal laws about it. They may want to be able to inspect where they are produced to make sure it's hygenic. Pretty rediculous when you consider what the factory farms are like.
sickbyc.gif

Anyone know more about this?

Quote:
I think if you are selling somewhere like a farmer's market there are state or federal laws about it. They may want to be able to inspect where they are produced to make sure it's hygenic. Pretty rediculous when you consider what the factory farms are like.
sickbyc.gif

Anyone know more about this?

Why would you need to have your place inspected if you sell duck eggs but not chicken eggs? Leave it to the government!

In our area, it is a farmer's market association rule. In order to sell at the market near my house, you have to have certification to sell eating eggs.

Back
Top Bottom