Eating Healthy

What is Flax Snax? I've never heard of that before. I was going to ask before, but I was afraid
ep.gif

lol.png
Afraid? It's a low carb hot cereal that I get online. Ingredients are: wheat bran, flax seed meal, soy protein isolate (non GMO), pecans, nat. flavorings and salt. Put a 1/2 cup in dish with hot water or a little milk and splenda. It's pretty good and chilly mornings.
big_smile.png

Flax seed is rich in omega 3. I also put some in the chicken feed along with some DE. They like it !

It's also low carb - only 2 net grams of carbs.

Last edited:
OOOOOHHH, so it's a high fiber cereal so that you can have the carbs?

I did the low carb thing a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds (then gained it back in short order when I stopped it), so I understand the way carbs are counted.

And it's actually good? Some of the things (like bread) that were low carb had soo much fiber they tasted like cardboard.

I just edited my other post about the carbs in it. They make much better lowcarb stuff nowadays. But you have to be careful about the lowcarb foods out there. If you are being strict with lowcarb you should avoid those food products too.

When you reach your desired weight, then you can introduce lowcarb products.

Yeah, when I first started it, I only ate meat (usually chicken) and small amounts of cheese. It just got to be too much to always think about ordering food just right, or getting hamburgers without the bun.

But it's a great way to lose weight fast, and, done right, it's not nearly as bad for you as everyone thinks.

I'm actually considering going back to it, but it requires a bigger commitment than just eating healthy. And I'm a huge bread and potatoes fan.

I may have to order myself some Flax Snax...

It worked great for me too, than, somehow gradually I started to eat more junk and sweets and got carried away and before you know it 10 pounds later, :eek:.

This site has good lowcarb stuff on it:

www.low-carb.com or google Low Carb Connoisseur. Be careful - some of the lowcarb, sugarfree stuff tastes really good! And you still have to consider how much of the stuff you eat.

Thursday 3/20/08

Breakfast ::
fruit and nut granola cereal w/milk
water

big mug of hot tea w/splenda

water

Lunch :: (I was super hungry by 11:00..I think it was from talking to a customer about their traditional Polish Easter meal they have planned...lol)
shredded wheat cereal w/milk
mug of tea w/splenda

snack :: (still hungry)
2 boiled eggs w/salsa
water

mug of tea w/splenda

Dinner ::
2 turkey dogs on bread/mustard
big mug of chili w/cheese on it
water

Julie
big_smile.png

Last edited:
March 20

Breakfast: Wholegrain Oatmeal with apples

Lunch: Wendy's bacon JR cheesburger & coke (I'm bad!)

Snack: Fruit cup

Dinner: 1/2 can pinto beans, handful of cheese, tortilla, and ... coke. I'm bad!!

Dessert: GS cookies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom