Eating PDZ?

mldlm

Songster
Apr 3, 2022
Northeast Florida
I sprinkle Sweet PDZ on my poop board in my coop and then add a light layer of fine pine shaving. My chickens love to peck at this stuff and eat it. They don’t seem to have any bad effects from it. So I am guessing it is ok. Thoughts? Thanks!

I’ve been using it on my poop boards for a few years now. My chickens peck at it also and I’ve never had a problem. Sweet pdz company says it’s safe, natural mineral that can provide grit and calcium. I wouldn’t use it for that purpose it size is not big enough to help as a grit, not sure how it compares as a calcium supplement compared to oyster shell.

I’ve been using it on my poop boards for a few years now. My chickens peck at it also and I’ve never had a problem. Sweet pdz company says it’s safe, natural mineral that can provide grit and calcium. I wouldn’t use it for that purpose it size is not big enough to help as a grit, not sure how it compares as a calcium supplement compared to oyster shell.
Thanks for your input! They all seem to enjoy it, although I do have oyster shell and grit on the side as a free choice. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom