Ebay is going too far this time!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

Randy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
AR
Now they are going to be charging sellers a final value fee on the shipping cost!! Everytime you turn around they are slapping thier sellers in the face. I guess they are not going to be happy until they fee themselves out of business.

This is probably because of those Sneaky people that sell a expensive item like a Laptop for $.99, but charge $800 shipping, so they get what it's worth but don't have to pay the Final value fees...

Quote:
Yep! I'm seen plenty of sales for things that would cost under a dollar to ship (because they could fit into a standard envelope) and yet the seller wanted 4.99 or 7.99 for shipping and "handling" costs.

Last edited:
Yes there are some that do that kind of stuff but for those of us that don't this is kind of hard to swallow. They've been wanting people to do free shipping for awhile and I guess this is just another way of pushing people towards that.

Ridiculous!
barnie.gif

Ebay is eventually going to lose nearly all sellers if they keep going down this route. I know I'm on the verge of simply not listing anything at all there myself, no matter how tempting. The listing fee is one thing, very affordable/fair, but the final percentage they charge on items is just ridiculous. And I just had someone bid on an item and never pay for it, and all they do about it is mark the buyer with an "unpaid item."

Ebay is a decent place to buy things, but selling them? Hmmm...

Quote:
Yep, I am waiting for a payment too, and if the person doesn't pay I think it is horrendous (sp?) that I can't leave them bad feedback! But if I take a day too long to ship something, you better believe I would get bad feedback for it!

Quote:
Yep, I am waiting for a payment too, and if the person doesn't pay I think it is horrendous (sp?) that I can't leave them bad feedback! But if I take a day too long to ship something, you better believe I would get bad feedback for it!

I am an ebay buyer, not seller so I am just being nosy. If I buy your item and dont pay, you as the seller cant leave bad feedback? Then what is the point of feedback?

Ugh, that's why I stopped selling on eBay a while back. I mean, if you have a small item like an ACEO, the fees cost more than what people are willing to pay for it.

Yeah, the feedback thing is not good, either. I mean, yes, there are some bad sellers out there, but there are a lot of bad buyers, too. I do know that if someone leaves a seller bad feedback, the seller can comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom