Ebay sellers (vent)

I am just going to let this go. Thank you everyone for the comments. I probably over reacted, which sometimes I tend to do. This lady has always been very nice and pleasant to me in emails. I know she wants her buyers to be happy w/ what they get.

Kim

I've been watching her eggs too, and quickly noted that she has universally glowing feedback. The problem with email is that you miss the "tone" element that really helps with understanding what the writer is truly trying to convey. If you look at an example she has listed somewhere on the site (maybe her "me" page), she describes emails that are "red flags" in her opinion. It is just her coined phrase that she relies on to describe potential problems, and not a way that she's trying to define you personally. Reviewing her listings & her communication with other buyers made me really like her - I don't think there's ill intent on her part, I just think that she *genuinely* wants her buyers to be successful. I do understand why it would be annoying to get more in the way of an answer than you asked for, but I would try to take a step back & appreciate all the good that emanates from her listings...

Laura

I would be upset too. Although she is polite, there is nothing wrong, IMO, with mixing eggs of different ages. There just isn't. I am not an experienced hatcher, I have an old still air, tabletop, styrofoam, no turner incubator, eggs of all ages and sizes, and still have an excellent hatch rate. Sorry about your troubles.

This lady does have good feedback and people love her on ebay, but I will say it again. These are easter eggers.

She crosses her white ameraucana rooster over all her other colored ameraucana and ee birds. This is ok, if you want easter eggers, but I would never ever pay what some of the auctions have gone up to for ee eggs.

Just my two cent clarification..... take or leave it.
big_smile.png

pips&peeps :

This lady does have good feedback and people love her on ebay, but I will say it again. These are easter eggers.

She crosses her white ameraucana rooster over all her other colored ameraucana and ee birds. This is ok, if you want easter eggers, but I would never ever pay what some of the auctions have gone up to for ee eggs.

Just my two cent clarification..... take or leave it.
big_smile.png

Thank you! I haven't bought any eggs off ebay, but I certainly value your opinion. I'm trying to get my ameraucanas started and hope to only get true ameraucanas by shopping on the ABC forum. I saw those listings before and wondered if they were of any quality.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I find it helpful too. Does it say somewhere in one of her auctions that she uses EEs, or is that something you learned independently. When I looked at the auction, I wasn't under the impression that EEs were used. I know that crossing with white isn't the greatest practice, but I could probably look past that. I wouldn't want to buy EEs if I thought I was getting something else though...Anyway, would appreciate any more information you have about how you confirmed that she uses EEs.

Thank you!

I just emailed the seller to ask about the Ameraucana vs. Easter Egger issue. Hopefully she'll respond. It was my impression, though, just for clarification that breeding a purebred white Ameraucana to another non-white purebred Ameraucana (with an acceptable, recognized color) would not result in Easter-Egger chicks. In looking more closely at her auction listings, it seemed that everywhere the term "pure-bred Ameraucana" is touted. Again, hopefully she'll clarify this, but it looks to me like she may be using a breeding principle that is not favored but that still results in purebred Ameraucana chicks...

Laura

If it doesn't breed true it is an EE. I saw EE's in her photos from last years auctions.

To maintain color lines, you must breed silver to silver, white to white, buff to buff, brown red to brown red and you can mix a pen of blues and blacks or a pen of wheatens and blue wheatens.

If you look at her current auction it says mixed colors and the rooster (General Lee) pictured has green feet.

Maude and rosie in her current auction are ee's.

Here... compare the real thing to her pictures.

Blue wheaten female courtesy the ABC website:

lfbluewheatenf.jpg

Her picture of something that looks similar courtesy Buc-A-Buc Farm:

*image removed at request of copyright owner*

see image @ http://cgi.ebay.com/Ameraucana-Chicken-Incubator-Hatching-BLUE-Eggs-COLOR_W0QQitemZ320221695304QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver
female courtesy the ABC website:

lfsilverf.jpg

Her picture of something that looks similar courtesy Buc-A-Buc Farm:

*Image removed at request of copyright owner*

see image @ http://cgi.ebay.com/Ameraucana-Chic...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, Jean. I obviously have a long way to go in educating myself about Ameraucanas. I appreciate your taking the time to respond with pictures, etc. It really helps!

Laura

Back
Top Bottom