EcoGlow chick brooder?

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I have some chicks I am going to brood in my shed. To avoid the whole fire hazard issue I was going to get a few Brinsea EcoGlow Chick Brooders. Has anyone used these? How did/do you like it? Thanks in advance

I have several. Love them! Brooding almost 40 chicks now using two ecoglows. How cold is it in this shed? Should be 50F + or the ecoglow might not be warm enough.

it will be warmer, they aren't going out just yet and am putting a heater with a thermostat on the floor to keep the temp at a minimum of 50 degrees or so. The brooders will be 4x4 with 2 ecoglows each... how big is your brooder?

Quote:
Well, right NOW they are in a 2x4 area, but they are outgrowing that (just about 2 weeks old) so being moved to the barn tomorrow since the temps are permitting it. My barn's probably 12x12, so plenty of room until I can weed out all the roos. I'm keeping the ecoglows and walling off a 6x6 space until they need more. Won't use a light unless temp goes below 50 in the next week or so, but it seems to be hanging above that. They are doing great! I brooded 13 chicks under one ecoglow about 2 months ago, all did fine.

ok, good, so 2 ecoglows should work per brooder.
big_smile.png

I truly cannot say enough good things about this item. I will never go back to using brooder lights. We will buy 2 more before next year (we're almost done hatching for this year, unless a hen goes broody).

I love these! I can hardly wait until Brinsea makes a larger unit. I currently have 3 of them in use and I will never go back to heat lamps again. The chicks get more of a natural experience, warming up under it, and coming out to run around and eat and play. I've noticed mine feathering up a bit faster than if they were under heat lamps 24/7. Not as artificial an environment for them. Plus, they get roosting practice on the stand ends!

Best source is the Brinsea web-site, itself: www.brinsea.com

Back
Top Bottom