EcoGlow reviews??

Thinking of purchasing this but I only get 3 -4 chicks at a time? Will this work for me? I am getting two batches of 4 this spring. I hate running a heat lamp as I keep my brooder in my garage. 

Reviews I have read said it's hard to adjust the height? Any problems with that? I will be getting day old chicks so would need lowest setting at first? But will need to raise it? Some suggest using the middle setting and then blocking up as needed? Thoughts on that? 

And how long do you use it for? Or do you just leave it in there until feathered?

I used the ecoglow 20 for 6 chickens last spring and then 3 ducks in the summer. I love it. It wasn't hard to adjust height, once you figure it out. I would raise it as it looked too low. I left it in therw until they got feathers and weren't using it anymore. If you put contact paper on top, it makes for easy clean up because they pooped non stop on top.

First time with chicks. I got the Ecoglow. It has work great so far. Chicks are 7 days old and look like they're are having fun.

MrBblue5150, what bedding do you have in there--corn cob?

This will be my first experience with chicks and I'm trying to make up my mind exactly how to set up their space. I'm ordering the EcoGlow today; I'll probably get chicks in a couple of weeks.

~Kristin

just broke down and ordered the brinsea ecoglow 20 a few days ago myself. it's in shipping now. I was going to do the light then I was going to do the mamma heating pad method, then decided I'd feel better just buying the ecoglow. This isn't my first brood. I've always used the heat light but it's not really safe and wanted a change. I've wanted the ecoglow for a long time but the cost had kept me from buying it. This time I just decided to go for it! My ecoglow should be here in a few days !! My chicks hatch/ship date is April 11th and I'm excited to try it out!!

Yes, I have Corn Cobb...recommended by my local feed. Do dust in the air...they love scratching at it. They are 3 weeks know. Getting big. The eco glow has worked very well.

We were going to get the EcoGlow but we found another brand for about $30 cheaper. I got it yesterday and I LOVE IT. I've been a paranoid freak worry about the house burning down. The chicks seem to love it too. I had to gently push them under it when I first put it in (my chicks are 9 days old) but now they hang out in there all the time. I moved the brooder to a cooler room with lots of windows so they could get used to the day/night without a light.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W43PHTA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

my ecoglow 20 comes tomorrow by fed ex!! I can't wait to try it. I've had a loooong wait for my chicks. ordered in January hatching/shipping April 11th. Do you all think the small ecoglow will fit 7 Barred Rock, 1 suprise layer, and 1 Golden cuckoo Maran ? that's 9? it looks pretty small? I know it says 20 chick but I think that may be pushing it. but 9 should be fine do you think?

I pulled out my Ecoglow 20 today to use for my chicks that will be hatching and the adapter piece with the transformer that plugs into the wall is MIA, I have searched everywhere!! Is there anyone that could take a picture of their transformer with all the numbers (volts, amps, watts, etc), DH wants to see if we can find a universal adapter with the same settings (we are in the US so would need one that is compatible here, of course),

TIA!!

I just read this thread about the missing adapter. I will photograph mine and post. Wont be able to do it until tonight when off work though.

my ecoglow 20 comes tomorrow by fed ex!! I can't wait to try it. I've had a loooong wait for my chicks. ordered in January hatching/shipping April 11th. Do you all think the small ecoglow will fit 7 Barred Rock, 1 suprise layer, and 1 Golden cuckoo Maran ? that's 9? it looks pretty small? I know it says 20 chick but I think that may be pushing it. but 9 should be fine do you think?
Yes. & is a good number. I housed seven until they were about 4 weeks old, then moved them into the coop.

Back
Top Bottom