Economy bad... How do you save money?

www.stretcher.com is my bible, love their newsletter delived to my email inbox too!

I read that an energy-star dishwasher uses LESS hot water and soap per load than washing those same dishes by hand... hmmm.

These days I'm making money by selling eggs and home-baked dog cookies.

Made $65 in a week and have orders to fill!

I
love.gif
my laying girls!

Quote:
gig.gif
If you're a girl you can buy some cheapo wash cloths from walmart or some place like that and use those for #1. Save a ton of $$ just don't flush em, put them in a little bucket or something and throw in the wash.

wink.png

Quote:
gig.gif
If you're a girl you can buy some cheapo wash cloths from walmart or some place like that and use those for #1. Save a ton of $$ just don't flush em, put them in a little bucket or something and throw in the wash.

wink.png

I'm not that kind of girl.
th.gif

i hit thrift stores, junk shops, kin folks...lol, yard sales the secret to yard sales, some times if you get there late, you can get whats left free, i clip coupons, buy in bulk & repackage, i also have my chickies, i dont eat them, but the eggs come in handy! i heat my house with an antique glass kerosene heater, it heats the whole house burns almost 10 hrs. on a little less than a gal of kero, that saves tons of money, and just about everything in my house was little or nothing, cause there ain't no shame in my game, ill hit a "goody pile" in a second!!... lol, I've gotten some very nice things, dressers, wardrobes, washers, brand new vacuum, tables chairs you name it! its unbelievable what people will set out cause they dont want it and it works or is fine!

I started ordering as many bulk dry goods as I could from Amazon.com... if you're organized (huuuugggee challenge for me) and you can figure out how much of something you use, you can 'subscribe" to it and it costs 30% less than their already cut bulk rate... We store/can/freeze what we don't use immediately, and it takes some fine tuning, but even with the slow boat shipping rates, it cuts our grocery bill down incredibly. We try to live mostly from the garden if we can, but the climate here makes that a bit of a challenge, and hens, and DH hunts so we are really healthy with all of that wonderful game... I would love to have a couple of goats, then we would only go to the grocery for fun!

We also heat entirely with a wood stove - takes a bit of work but we're young and love being in the woods, so it works for now.

I'm loving all of the suggestions here - I can't wait to go try to make laundry detergent! I have some lavender from the garden this summer that needs a use.

Quote:
I got 2 vacuums like NEW for FREE cuz someone just dumped them outside on the curb with the GARBAGE!! All my TVs were free too! Even my COMPUTER, hubby found it on the side of the road, my dad fixed it up and now we are using it (not the best comptuer but it works!). My couches are also FREE! Hubby's uncle got new couches and was goign to throw these ones in the dump, I wouldn't HAVE IT! The Sofa has a pull out bed. Kids beds were also free, FIL saw a guy throwing the beds out and he asked if he can have them, the guy gave it to him willingly and then FIL gave it to us (mattress and frames! even 1 of the beds has drawers!).

Nothing is better then FREE stuff! One person's trash is another person's treasure! Nothing in my house is PRETTY but it's worth it.

Quote:
TP, nope we buy that. Papertowels we got rid of, and switched to all cloth towels, it's not that much more laundry to do, and it's cheaper and greener.

You could always use the Yellow Pages, seeing as how, you have no money to spend at any of those businesses.
lol.png

And it's delivered for FREE!
tongue2.gif

DH picked up a side job painting a house, including the cabinets. I was wishing they were going to replace them, but no such luck. My kitchen is tiny, but a couple more cabinets would fit. And the shop/garage is huge, always room for more!

Back
Top Bottom